The Wild Area

Y/N POV:

We then arrived at the so-called Wild Area, and I was amazed, this place was huge, and full of Pokemon wandering everywhere.

Y/N: "This place is huge!"

Melony: *giggles* "Nessa told me you were a big Pokemon enthusiastic, so if you get a free time, you can come here to sightsee or battle the Pokemon here."

I begin to look around, there were Wingulls on the skies flying, Gyarados and some jellyfish looking Pokemon swimming in the lake, and Snorunts and other new Pokemon wandering in the grass.

Y/N: "Thanks! I definitely will!"

I begin approaching the tall grass, and crouch down, to take a closer look at the Pokemon.

Melony POV:

I begin looking up on my Rotom Phone, for information about the climate in the areas today, to see where it's snowing today, to help him navigate in Wild Area and don't get lost.

Melony: "Ok, so according to the Town Map app, today, it's snowing in two different areas today, East Lake Axewell, the area where we are right now, and Rolling Fields, up ahead, so we should focus..."

But as I was speaking, I noticed he wasn't paying attention, but instead, he was trying to get close to the Pokemon in the grass. I was about to grab his attention, but I saw he was trying to get a closer look at the Pokemon and trying not to scare it away. Everything was going fine, until a Snorunt starts to smell something, something coming from Y/N. I was about to jump in the way, and scare the Snorunt away, but Y/N grabs a Kelpsy Berry from his pocket and offer it to the Snorunt. The Pokemon happily accepts the gift, smiles at him, and offers Y/N to pat its head. Y/N accepts the offer and begins petting the Pokemon's head while smiling. I begin to smile at the gentle nature of the boy. Y/N notices me, and quickly gets up.

Y/N: "Oh! I'm sorry Melony, I got carried away, it was unprofessional of my part."

I begin laughing at him, he is so gentle and funny.

Melony: "No worries, I understand, you really love Pokemon, don't you?"

Y/N: "Y-yes ma'am, my mom was a Pokemon researcher, so sometimes she would take me on field research with her, and I got to love seeing and interacting with different types of Pokemon."

Melony: "I see it really influenced you in a good way. So, let's keep going?"

Y/N: "Yes, let's go."

Y/N POV:

As we were about to leave, I feel a tug on my sock. I look down to see the Snorunt tugging my sock, looking like it wanted something. I knee down to his level.

Y/N: "Hey little one, do you need something?"

The Pokemon happily nod and point at my bag.

Y/N: "My...bag?"

It tries to reach out for my bag. He reaches it and gives it a tug, a pokeball fall over from the bag. He sees the pokeball, and points at it. I realize what he is trying to say.

Y/N: "Wait, you want me to be your trainer?"

It nods once again, confirming my question. I grab the pokeball from the floor, and roll it closer to Snorunt.

Y/N: "Are you sure about this?"

The Pokemon responds, by taping the pokeball with its hand. The ball opens and Snorunt gets in. The pokeball shakes three times and makes a "click" sound, confirming that the Pokemon has been captured.

Melony: "Congrats kid, that's your first Pokemon ever caught in Galar!"

I take the pokeball from the ground, and smile looking at it.

Y/N: "Welcome to the team."

Melony: "I feel like this Snorunt will be a really good ally to you."

Y/N: "Yeah, I feel it too."

Melony: "Now that this is settled, do you want to keep going?"

Y/N: "Yes, let's do this."

After this little episode, we kept moving, and I caught lots of new Pokemon, including an ice cream-shapped Pokemon which according to Melony, its named Vanillite, and a Shellder.