Chapter 25

A/n there's only like 5 chapters left to write and I'll probably finish them all tonight 😭😭😭
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So uh, Semi. If you don't mind me asking... what are you and Shirabu doing here together? I mean Kenma said something about like... how do I say this..."

"About how Shirabu took the role of official setter?" I nodded. "Well the team are actually a bunch of idiots and Tendou decided it would be funny to make us spend time together so they basically kidnapped us and drove us up here..."

"They uh... kidnapped you?"

"Yeah we were supposed to have a sleepover together but you know they kinda dropped us off over here and sorta left. They left us bus tickets which are actually for tomorrow so..."

"Well I mean you guys could join us on the way down? You might not make it in time considering these idiot's antics"

"True. We'll think about it okay?"

"Yeah."

He put his hand in a fist as if he wanted to fist bump so I returned the gesture. In the end, we started coming up with a handshake. It was a good way to spend this time since the babies- Kenma and Bokuto- had fallen asleep and the other two were actually trying their best to not get us lost up here with no reception.

By the time we reached this so called abandoned town, we'd come up with a pretty good one. It was long but we both seemed to have good memory. Everyone got out the car after we woke up Bokuto and Kenma. The town was in fact, very abandoned. It looks like it was actually quite big, probably the size of the one we had gone to for the supermarket.

There was a lot of small buildings scattered up the mountain face. It was actually kinda beautiful. Semi had mentioned there being a hospital here so that's what he wanted to check out first. Sure enough, there as a giant square building with a cross on it. It was positioned right on a cliff side so it seemed like it might crumble at any second but the boys insisted we had to go since we "only live once"

The windows there were practically none-existent, only a few shards were scattered here and there. Semi sat right at the edge, where the windows pointed straight to the cliff side. I sat next to him. It was really beautiful.

"Hey. Promise me something?"

"Sure"

"When you guys go back promise me that you'll tell Bokuto how you feel"

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? It's in moments like these that's you realise you do only live once. So take the risk."

"Only if you do it too. Tell Shirabu how you feel"

"I promise" he smiled and put his hand out to do our handshake. However, at the end, he put his pinky up as if to do a pinky swear. I gladly took it.

"What are you two idiots doing" Shirabu came from around a corner.

"Nothing. Nothing."

—time skip—

It was starting to get dark and very cold by the time we'd walked around the whole town. All-in-all we'd been here for 7 hours. It was refreshing actually. On our way back, Semi sat in the front to help Kuroo, leaving me and Kenma to sit together in the back and Bokuto with Shirabu behind us.

"So Akaashi..."

"Kenma?"

"I need to tell you something"

"Go ahead."

"I've been thinking and uh... like... I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"For what happened to you at Nekoma. I'm sorry we couldn't protect you from them."

"It's okay, I mean I like Fukurōdani. Besides, I'd never have met Bokuto-san if I hadn't transferred"

"True. But still I'm sorry"

"It's all in the past"