Chapter 35

Leila POV

"This feel like it could end up a disaster"

Monica squint's at Marshall as I take another swig out of the bottle of champagne we were sharing "I disagree Marshy"

"Yeah but you two opted for mimosas hold everything but the champagne with breakfast" Marshall said with a raised eyebrow.

"Everyone knows you're much more likely to get injured sober than you would when you're drunk" I shoving my scarf aside.

"Hmm, sounds like famous last words to me" He smirks turning to Alec and then in a sarcastic tone adds "Yo hold my drink, what this"

"Really, what would you know about injury drunk?"

"I'm an ex-alcoholic remember?" Marshall scoffs out of amusement, dressed in a tan parka with brown fur trim, hood down with a grey beanie on, leaning lazily on the snowmobile, his lips twitching "I've broken a wrist before, punched a wall, safe to say being drunk doesn't help the outcome"

"Telling Leila not to something is kinda encouragement to do exactly the opposite" Alec said cooly,with almost a challenging undertone, swinging his beer, sitting back on his snowmobile.

"Whatever" Marshall grunts, straightening up in his seat, starting up the engine "We doin' this or what man?"

"I thought you'd never ask" Alec nods starting his engine "Don't kill yourselves"

"Yeah yeah, enjoy your bromance, keep it above the waists'" I say dismissively waving them off, turning back to Monica as I'm answered by their obnoxious snorts and the roaring sounds of the snowmobile engines disappearing.

I straightened up my jacket as Monica hands me the bottle again, hooking my elbow out so she could link her arm through it and we continue lengthened walk down the trail, as we struggled to walk in a straight line to the slopes set up on the property for tubing.

"Whos going first?" I said taking a swig.

"Wait" Monica explains "Do you think he's right?"

"Of course not" I mumble with a hiccup, breathing in and out slowly to centre my waving gravity "You wanna listen to Daddy, then go for it, but I'm going first"

I sit down in the tube, getting comfortable than looking up at Monica who has a look of disgust across her face.

"Daddy?, I mean I didn't think Marshall would be into that, I mean I... but really?"

"Noooo" I groan "I don't know, it was a joke because he's bossy"

I mean it wasn't a lie, but he did give off that vibe.

He had this dark, intriguing and dangerous side about him that I had seen flashes of, it made my skin tingle, even if I was trying to force myself  to not think about it.

"Oh god, thank God, that would have made the rest of this weekend awkward"

I roll my eyes as I push off flying down the slopes, feeling free and at peace, still clutching the bottle of champagne as the freezing wind whipped my hair around my face, hearing Monica screaming behind me.

Coming to a stop at the bottom, laughing as Monica's tube bumped into mine.

"That was amazing" Monica said catching her breath.

"I agree" I said with a grin taking a swig before passing the bottle back to Monica still sitting in our respective tubes "We're running low though"

"Maybe we should head back"

I looked up the slope and groaned.

"What?"

"I forgot we have to walk all the way back up the hill"