Away ‼️ Epilogue

"Come on Race, youse gotta eat so we can get some more fat in your body." Davey whispered, holding up a goop of warm soup.

He looked away, shrugging his shoulders.

"I.. I don't know..."

Davey smiled softly, setting the soup aside.

"I'll leave it here incase youse change your mind ok? Just knock if you need anything."

It's been almost a week since they got Racetrack back, and he wasn't the same. He was much more closed off, barely ate, and almost never talked. The only one he'd share a few words with were of course, Spot or Davey.

Davey had caught Spot trying to feed Race, help him change his bandages everyday, until he just got sick of it.

"Ok Spot- I appreciate youse trying ta help him but it's my job as the Mom of the Manhattan Newsies to take care of my children! Now go! Shoo! Go back and take care of your Newsies in Brooklyn!"

Spot stumbled out a gasp before pausing as Race chuckled softly.

"T-Thanks Mom.." He whispered, glancing up to the brunette. Davey swooned, putting a hand to his heart lovingly.

"He called me Mom..."

Spot glared at him playfully, rolling his eyes.

"I'll be back next weekend with some food from my boys, is that ok Race?"

"B-Better than ok Spotty."

With a smile, he walked out, happy his Race was finally getting a little more vocal.

THE END