Chapter 6: Warming Up?

Kae Jung’s POV

“Yah(hey)… This is such a nice house and it’s quite near your workplace right?” Onew asked me as I placed the tea on the table.

“Orh(yeah)… So, how are things now?” I asked him awkwardly.

“You’ve got to relax yourself, Kae Jung-ah. “ He said as I laughed at him.

“Okay okay… Geez. I hope the reporters don’t see us here. It could bring a little trouble that is much worse than last time.” I said as he frowned.

“Let them be, they now know we’re just friends right?” he smiled as he took a sip of the hot tea.

I felt a little pain when he mention about being only friends. I smiled back at him as we talked until we finished our teas.

“It’s getting late; I should head back to the dorms. Haish… How am I going to explain about leaving the celebration…?” He mumbled.

“What celebration?” I asked

“Orh(Yeah), we just released our new album Sherlock…” he said as he glared at me, drawing nearer and nearer to me.

We were standing at the doorstep and I was very worried of the reporters misunderstanding our situation so I move my head back. He did not seem to be bothered by it and kept moving forward, smiling cheekily. It brought back a lot of memories when I didn’t pay attention to him, he would always do this, causing me to blush. My heartbeat raced as I felt my back resting against the door. I stared into Onew’s eyes as he laughed.

“Yah! You’re so cute, I remember all those times when we did this and you would turn red and-,” he continued blabbering until I punched his shoulders lightly.

“Yah! Bitchaso(crazy)?! W-what are you talking about? I didn’t.” I said to him as he laughed it off.

“Yeah… Right…” He said as he waved goodbye to me.

“Take care!” I waved back enthusiastically.

I watched him walk until he was out of my sight, into the pitch black.

Onew's POV

I went back to the dorms, finding everyone missing. The tables were all cleared and cleaned, the room was now covered in darkness. There was no one around and so I went to the practice room to practice my dance alone, assuming that the guys were already sleeping because of the soju and the tiredness from recording the MV for the past few days. I placed my iPod on the deck and played the music. The room was slightly dark, as I only turned on the middle light which was a little orange. I started dancing as I ran today's thoughts through my head. 

I'm sorry... I'm really sorry...

After remembering Kae Jung's words after she found out all of our memories. I was so glad that she remembered them. I was glad to have my old friend back. The one I've always cared for. Then I shook my head. 

"What's going on with me?" I asked myself. I looked at myself in the mirror, sweat dropping from the 2 hour of dancing. 

I went to get a cool and relaxing shower before I went to bed. 

Kae Jung's POV

I flicker my eyes as the soft sunlight hit my face through the windows. I rubbed my eyes, feeling sticky. I got up and looked at myself in the mirror. My brown curly hair was all over the place, and I had eye bags. I remembered what happened last night when Onew came by. I flinched at the thought of how close we were when he teased me. Then I remembered a slight shine from the trees across my house. I could have sworn I saw a camera flash. We should be careful, I mean, I should be careful so as to not jeopardize Onew's great status. I went to have a warm shower and got ready to go to work. 

As I walked towards the cafe, I noticed Sae Ra walking towards it at the same time. So I decided to creep up to her and scare her. 

"YAH(Hey)! Are you crazy?? You scared me." she yelled to me in the face. 

I laughed out uncontrollably as I hooked onto her hand. 

"Mian(sorry)..." I said as I gave her a puppy face. 

"Anyways, what were you thinking about until you didn't notice me there?" I asked as she turns slightly uncomfortable. 

"It;s just that, there is this guy... He has been on my mind since he bought the Christmas present from the bookstore." She said as she blushed. 

I went to unlock the glass doors as we continued to talk aloud. 

"You like him huh..." I teased her. 

"Yeah... but it's just that... he looks strangely familiar underneath the black sunglasses." she said as she frowned. 

"What does he look like?" I asked her. 

"I couldn't remember but when I see him again, I'm sure I can remember." she said happily. 

I was glad that I wasn't the only one liking someone. Then that stopped my train of thoughts. 

Liking someone? 

Then the first person that came to my mind was Onew. 

No way. I can't. Nope. His my old friend, don't and... I must not. 

I said to myself telepathically as I started to brew the coffee. Then the doorbells rang as a customer went in. 

"Kae Jung ah! Good morning!" I cursed him softly as I was trying to forget my feelings for him but as I looked up, it wasn't Onew. It was someone else who really did a good job covering himself. 

"Chogiyo(excuse me), how do you know my name?" I asked the stranger as he lowered his dark sunglasses, giving away his eyes. I gasp slightly as I noticed who it was. 

"Do you know me now??" he asked as I pretended to not recognize him. 

"Annyi(no). Who are you?" I asked as he frowned. 

"Naya(it's me). Minho." he said in his sexy deep voice.

I got closer to him in the face as I said something softly. 

"How do you know me? And why are you here? Some customers my notice you." I said as I looked around. 

"Kae Jung-ah. The cafe is totally empty in the morning, and I'm your first customer aren't I?" he asked which was a fact. 

"Fine, what do you want?" I asked him.

"5 coffees, please." he asked politely as he drew nearer to me. 

"One should be special because of someone's different taste. You know right?" he asked as he smiled cheekily at me. 

I blushed as I nodded, averting my eyes so that I won't meet with his pure ones. 

How do they know who I was??