Chapter 9: The Party

Kae Jung's POV

I felt something hot upon my face as I opened my eyes as light blinded me causing me to flinched back. I covered my eyes with my hand as an unbearable pain came from my back. I noticed I fell asleep last night while planning the party. I checked the paper quickly, wanting to check whether I accomplished my goal. I smiled proudly as I saw the long list of things I had to do. I had the horror of my life when I looked at the clock. I was already half-and-hour late! I quickly got ready and left the place, running as fast as I could with my things all over the place in my bag. As I turned to the corner, I hit something hard.

“Ah! Appa(It hurts)…” I said, rubbing my head that was hit.

I looked at what I hit and was shocked because, I didn’t hit SOMETHING, I hit SOMEONE. I went over and see whether he was okay.

“ONEW-SSHI??” I exclaimed as I woke up form my daze and picked up all of my things.

“Yah(hey), you’re late?” he asked as he helped me too.

“Orh(yeah). I couldn’t sleep last night so I planned a little party for my manager’s birthday tomorrow. You can come if you want, but QUIETLY. I don’t want my plans to be ruined by the fans.” I said as I patted him on his arm as thanks and continued running, looking at the puffs that I was making.

“ORH(Alright)! JUSHIMHYE(Be careful)!” I heard Onew shouted as I ran frantically.

Onew’s POV

She ran as if she had two buckets of water to balance on her shoulders. I laughed as I thought about her invitation to her manager’s party.

I wonder what kind of party she has in store…

Kae Jung’s POV

I thought I had a chance of escaping since I did not see him at the counter. Then I felt someone behind me, giving me the dagger eyes. I turned and smiled nervously. So, I did not manage to escape but he did somehow manage to be free on Friday for the surprise so I was glad. If he were to back out, it would be a disaster. I told Sae Ra about all the things about the party and I went to get some beverages for tomorrow night’s.

Then, it was D-Day! I told the manager not to come until in the evening so I had to take care of all the things including, serving the customers. “Yah(hey) Sae Ra, everything ready?” I asked as I was ushering the guests into the café which was filled with chairs and tables prepared beautifully.

“Yeah!” She smiled as she placed her black vintage eye mask on just like a masquerade.

I looked around for a moment, perfecting every single thing. The tables were all covered in creamy satin and beautiful small pots of lighted candles were sitting on the middle of the table. All the chairs were simply tied with a brown translucent clothe forming a ribbon alternately. Then my manager’s girlfriend texted me secretly, telling us that they were reaching soon. I squealed excitingly as I asked everyone in the room to be silent and wait for my cue. Everyone was also anticipating this as they got all of their party poppers. 

As I could hear my manager asking why must he close his eyes, I smiled as I raised my hand, counting down from 3,2,1.

“Cue!” I shouted.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAE WON!!” They shouted at the same time as confetti popped everywhere in the room.

I ushered him and his girlfriend to their seats as I went over to the little stage I formed and took the microphone.

“Ladies and gentlemen… This is just the beginning! Let’s get the real party started now!!” I said as the few performers started to perform. All sorts of things were there; dancing, singing, acting, I was really impressed by his variety of talented friends. Then it was my turn and I was the last item for the event. I went up stage in my red dress and black pumps. I fixed my hair a little as I stood in the middle.

“I’m going to sing a song for all of you; it’s called “Invitation To Me” by Lee Seung Gi. I hope you’ll like it.” I said as the song started to play.

“Mundeuk oeroun maeume himi deureojil ttaen eotteoke hani...” I started singing as I saw Onew and the other four standing by the window.  

I began singing, looking constantly towards Onew in particular. I was being careful as I didn’t want the rest of the people to see where I was looking at so much. As the song ended, claps erupted as I saw Onew and the rest leaving. I was a little disappointed but I was glad they managed to see me perform at least.

“Yah(hey)….I didn’t know you could sang well.” Sae Ra said as she whispered something to me.

“I saw you dedicating that song to Onew outside just now.” She giggled as all of the guests mingled around, wishing Dae Won wishes and giving him presents. 

Things could not be even better than seeing my relationship with the manger improve. Looking at everyone in the room, I was glad and relieved that the party was a success. 

Unknown POV

"She sings very well doesn't she?" I asked Jonghyun who was just beside me as we head off to the dorms. 

"Yeah, I really didn't expect that actually." he replied enthusiastically. 

I turned around as I looked at her, smiling whilst attending to the guests. 

"She has potential." I said, as the rest of the boys looked among themselves. 

"What are you thinking... Jin Young-sajangnim(president)?" Onew asked as he smiled cheekily. 

"Kulsae(Who knows)..." I said.