Chapter 13: Debut

Day before Kae Jung Debuts on Music Bank…

Kae Jung’s POV

I was literally shivering from the moment I slept last night. I grabbed my bag and went onto the van with SHINee as well.

“Yah(hey), urri(our) Kae Jung is going to debut tonight!” Minho said out loud causing me to flinch.

“You’re scaring her, Min Ho-hyung.” Taemin said.

I didn’t know how to even react to that small exclamation. I looked down, staring at my fair hands as I listened to the manager talking to the boys. Onew noticed I was still shaking of nervousness so he placed his warm hands on top of mine as we drove to the studio. Everyone in the SM Family knew about my relationship with Onew now, and they are quite fine with it and even teased us everytime they had the chance. I would sometimes fight back or just let it go with a smile and a small sigh that I don’t mean. It was just that we were not allowed to tell the public let alone show in public our relationship as it might affect my debut success. So the President said that for 2 years after my debut, we were supposed to keep our relationship low until then. We had no problems with that and complied. The time had come; I was already in my stage outfit dressed in a red and black ribbon dress, along with my black guitar. I was going to sing the song that I composed at first and then I will dance to the next song in the company. I breathed in and out a lot of times until I felt a twist in my stomach, definitely a twist in the nerves. I held the mic tightly in my sweaty-palmed hands. Then Onew came to my side as I looked outside at the number of people.

“Guenchana(Are you okay?) Kokchongmal(Don’t worry). Everything will be fine. You’ve been dreaming of this too didn’t you? So just follow your heart and perform your passion.” He said as he gave me a quick hug that didn’t seem like a romantic gesture. I smiled back at him for his kind words.

“Komowoyo(Thanks).” I said as the hosts announced my name as the newest member of the SM family.

I took steps that were filled with nervousness but also steps of my passion to perform and let the world know about myself. I performed and received a lot of love from new people and maybe had my first few fans in the pounding studio. Soon, after I finished my performances, I was supposed to have a little chit chat with the hosts about my debut and of course to promote my upcoming album.

I went backstage feeling proud of myself that I had just debuted and all that was left was to release the music videos of my album “Sweetique”. SHINee was all there cheering me as I cried tears of joy that I had finally made it to this stage. I tried to calm myself as everyone gave me a comforting hug. After SHINee had performed, we went back to the dorms. When I went back into the SNSD dorm, everyone in there were all cheering on me as I went to my room. Sunny even prepared a little cake upon my debut on stage today. I was so touched and knew that all of this is just the beginning of my new life. 

After 3 years…

“Yah(hey), Kae Jung-ah, are you going for the summer camp next week?” Jong Hyun asked me as we walked to our respective training room.

“Orh(yeah), wae(why)?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Nothing, just giving you a heads up, it is like a variety show so there will be cameras around.” He said as we stopped in front of his room with the rest of the members.

“Orh(ok), I get it! Komowo(thanks) kurigu(also), good luck in practice everyone!” I shouted to the rest of the boys in the room. I caught Onew’s eyes and gave him a special wink as he smiled cheekily.

Key’s POV

“Yah yah yah(hey hey hey)! You’re giving me goosebums, Onew.” I said to him as I saw what the two of them did. 

Taemin just laughed it off as he started to do his warm ups with Min Ho. Suddenly, my phone rang all of a sudden.

A/N: The following is fake. I have no intention to curse or whatsoever; it’s just a fictional story. So in reality nothing happened. I warned. As far as I know, Key does not even have a sister (based on what I read on wiki). Apologies if I am mistaken.

I nearly dropped my phone as I ran immediately to the hospital. The boys didn’t even had the chance of asking what happened as I dashed out. I ran as fast as my capable feet can bring me. Upon reaching the hospital, I was panting and searched for the ward that I asked the receptionist. Once I was in front of the pale coloured door, I knew that my face was just as pale. The person in the room was my sister, she had an accident.