Chapter 8: What Now

Key’s POV

I stood still, watching the cute girl scaring herself for meeting a celebrity she didn’t even realized.  I smiled at her as she looked around nervously. Strangely no one was in the store except for us. I stared at her for a while more, getting a little bit awkward. I cleared my throat as she looked at me again, this time; both of us were shifting uncomfortably as I laughed.

“W-why are you telling or even purposely letting me know who you are?” she asked.

I looked at her, a little taken aback by the question because I was also surprised at myself upon my actions around her. I leaned back and looked around for moment as I thought I should just tell her the truth.

“You are the first ever person that do not recognize me in this area. You do know we are popular for hanging around here?” I asked her as she still looked around nervously, not wanting to meet my eyes.

“Kurresso(So)? What do you expect? Me to ask for your autograph or something?” she asked me back boldly.

She is not my usual person or even fan.

I sighed as I just laughed softly at her boldness to be able to talk back to a celebrity like me.

“Annyi(No)… It’s just that… You’re just very interesting. I got to go… See you again sometime.” I waved my hand without turning back as I forgot to ask what her name was. As I turned around quickly, she was knocking herself with her hand as she shut her eyes. I wanted to laugh but seeing her situation was already messy, I only pretended I did not see anything.

“Ah! Batta(Right).” I told her as I walked towards her slowly.

Once I was one feet apart from her, I bend down, nearing her face. I smiled as I looked at her closing her eyes shut.

“Lee Sae Ra, got it.” I looked at her again only to see a bright red tomato head.

“Jal-ga(See you)!” I said as I left the shop.

Kae Jung’s POV

I saw Key going into the bookstore and as soon as Sae Ra opened her eyes, I could see her blood disappearing from her face. I looked so surprised especially when that he exposed his eyes to her. I opened my eyes wide upon a realization.

Sullma(Could it be)… The person she likes was KEY??

I looked at them for a while before more and more customers streamed into the café. The day ran very slow to me as all I could think about is why Sae Ra was so shocked and how come she didn’t notice him like she noticed Onew? I was confused and wanting to just run over to her and shoot her with all these thoughts. Finally, when the clock strikes 6pm, it was dinner time. I went over to the bookstore and brought a cup of coffee for her. When the bells of the doors rang, she didn’t even turn to see who it was. She was only lying on the counter, with her head facing the other way. I attempted to scare her but it didn’t seem to work.

“YAH(Hey)!! Waegurre(What’s wrong)??” I asked her, practically yelling as I was frustrated at her not saying anything.

She only shook her head and I sighed as I pulled a stool to sit in front of her.

“He was the guy you liked right?” I asked her and seemed to have hit the jackpot.

“H-how do you know?” she asked.

“I suspected it when you told me about him the last time. So, what happened?” I asked carefully.

“Nothing, its just that, I feel so pathetic that I didn’t realize it was Key all along and I kind of talked back at him.” She said, feeling guilty.

I smiled as I analyzed her situation.

“Key was the sort of playful person, he was not going to be crying over some girl or fan that talked back at him. Don’t worry about him.” I said as her eyes began to light up.

“B-but it’s true, he was being such a… frustrating person. He knew it and he said I was interesting and the-“ I interrupted her.

“Wait, WHAT? He said you were interesting??” I said as she looked at me clueless and that answered me. She was so innocent and gullible and the best part was she could not even recognize a SHINee member. 

“Sae Ra-ah, you’re so innocent.” I laughed as she still stared at me looking blank.

Then I heard on the radio Onew singing the song from the Korean Drama, “To the Beautiful You”. I melt at his voice and stared outside, dropping her topic.

I wonder what you’ve been up to Onew…

“Yah(Hey), you like Onew too right? NOT just as a friend, but more than that right?” She asked out of the blue.

“I guess you aren’t as clueless as I thought…” I whispered as she looked at me with wide eyes that I could see her pupils clearly.

“BOHHHH?!” She shouted and started throwing marshmallows that we were eating at me. We ended the day with marshmallows cleaning as we got caught by our manager but it was not a dull punishment when both of us were cleaning it together.

Onew's POV

I missed Kae Jung so much over the past few days. Our schedule was so tight that we didn’t manage to even grab some meals of the day. I was so hungry by the time we ended our last event which was to attend a fan meeting in Seoul. I was always grateful for all the fans shouting our name and supporting us ever since we debuted. Out of all the fans that shouted my name, only one could make it sound special. I blinked my eyes and shook off my thoughts.

“Andwae(Can’t)… NO NO NO.” I said as the boys look at me with their brows raised.

“Annyimnikka(Nothing).” I laughed nervously as Key smiled at me cheekily.

“Missing Kae Jung?” Key mouthed the words at me as our manager was explaining to us our schedule for the next day.

“Bohya(What)… Takcho (Shut up).” I mouthed back at him as he held his head back laughing silently.

Kae Jung’s POV

When I reached home, I stared at the clock. It was going to be 1am soon and I couldn’t sleep. I stepped out of my house as I sat at the swinging chair I bought. The cold air blew towards me as I felt a chill.

Why am I out here…

Then I suddenly remembered that my manager’s birthday was this Friday. I thought of a small party for him even though he didn’t treat me fairly. I went back in and made some coffee for myself so that I would be able to stay up until I finished planning every single bit of the celebration.