Chapter 15: Birth Of A New Path(Part 2)

Sae Ra’s POV

I looked at the poster as I took my ride home by the trains. I sighed, acting has always been something that I have been interested in and I did have some experience before in acting. I was excited for this audition and decided that I am going to give this a shot. The storyline of this drama is quite similar to what I’ve been going through so I’m sure I’ll be able to do it. I called Kae Jung to tell her about this action that I’m going to take.

“Wah jinjja(really)?? I’m so excited for you. When is it? Where is it? I want to support you!” she said, literally screaming through the phone.

“It’s going to be at the SBS building at 2pm. I have to register first so I’m going to go there at 1.30pm.” I said.

“Alright! I’ll meet you at the café first then. Does your mother know about this?” she asked.

“No… It’s better if she doesn’t know but both my little brothers know about it and they support me. I swear they’re why I am still tolerating my mother.” I said.

“That’s good then. I’ll see you on Friday then, practice your emotions! I got to go! Jal ga(take care)!” she said cheerfully as I hang up the phone.

FRIDAY

I am so nervous. I couldn’t really sleep well last night but I was prepared for today’s audition. There is going to be a lot of people that are better than me but I hope I can capture the judge’s attention and get through this.

“Lee Sae Ra-sshi?” the man called.

“Nae(yes)!” I got up as I looked at Kae jung who seemed more worried than I was.

“Hwaiting Sae Ra!” she said before I went into the room.

After the interview ended, I walked out the door, feeling empty, wiping the empty tears. Kae Jung ran up to me as soon as she saw me.

“Wae(Why)?? You didn’t get it?” she asked softly, rubbing my back for comfort.

“I looked at her sadly at first, and then squealed.

 “I GOT IT!!!! I GOT THE POSITION!!!” I jumped around like a mad woman and Kae Jung joined in with me.

We decided to go to the Baskin Robbins for some ice cream to celebrate. While we were walking, Kae Jung’s fans appeared really out of nowhere and she happily greeted them and gave fan services. I hope I could be as popular as her too. It seemed like it was just yesterday that she came into the shop and now, she’s a celebrity, despite being a foreigner.

Key's POV 

Onew had a phone call from Kae Jung and he was smiling like a fool. I sighed as I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Boohh(what)?! Jinjja(Really)??" he suddenly shouted, I almost spitted out the water I was drinking. 

Taemin and the rest were still busy practising, totally ignoring their hyungs. I looked at Onew who was smiling crazily at me as if the news had something to do WITH me. I mouthed him,”Booh? Booh? (What what)”.

He just smiled and said bye to Kae Jung. He then turned to me sharply and I gave him a weird look. Suddenly he placed his hands on my shoulder and shouted, “SAE RA GOT THE ROLE IN YOUR UPCOMING DRAMA AS THE FEMALE LEAD!!!” I stood frozen, as if the floor had hands, gripping onto me strongly.

I couldn’t utter a single word, surprised at this event.

“O-outokkae…” I said softly as the rest of them just ignored me and continued asking Onew about the details. I smiled happily, wondering why I felt so relieved that she got the role.

“Aren’t you happy there…” Taemin came and teased me, totally assuming something.

“What.” I said coldly as I continued to practice with an eased heart. 

“Yah(Hey), let’s go and celebrate later at the café?” Onew asked and everyone agreed immediately.

When we reached there, it was quite chaotic since some of the fans knew of our presence. I saw Sae Ra who was tending to the stock of the shop more than noticing us. She was never one to budge into something that is not her business. I opened the doors, with the bells welcoming us again into this great café.

“Ousoyeo.... (Welcome)…” she said before she turned.

Sae Ra’s POV

The first pair of eyes I saw was so glistening and I lost my breath for a brief moment.

“Orh! Yeorobun(Everyone…)…” I said, shocked to see all of them here.

“Yo!” Jong Hyun said as they all went into the shop and grabbed a seat.

Kae Jung went to make some coffee and we were chatting happily, and I was telling them everything that happened during the audition. My heart was pumping like there isn’t any day left for me to live. I felt warm stares from Key but I pretended not to know. I was sure he didn’t catch my glances, which just show how good I am with my acting.

“Whoa, all your fans are still waiting outside…” I said in amazement.

“Someday you’ll have some too.” Onew said as I smiled.

“I hope so.” I said.

This is going to be one big change in my life.