Chapter 12: Confession

Onew's POV

I smiled as I only stood there until she stood up and was about to resume practice again.

She seriously uses her time well, unlike me.

I laughed at myself as she saw me coming in.

“Onew! Wasso(you’re here)!” she smiled as bright as the sunflower, standing up from her stretching position.

I gave a little hug as I passed her the things I brought for her.

“Were you playing the piano?” I asked her.

“Yeah, it was awful isn’t it? I was just trying to fully use my time in the practice room. I only got 2 more months to practice.” She replied, drinking her banana milk after eating her bun.

“Anniya(No)! It was good actually… better than me.” I said as I laughed in embarrassment.

“Show me what you did just now?” I asked, only to find her looking at me uncertainly.

“Are you kidding? I wasn’t even thinking of what I played just now.” She said.

I pulled her and dragged her to the elegant piano that was sitting by the windows. She started playing the same chords as I listened to it carefully. I placed my fingers at the lower range of the piano keys and matched her higher range. She looked at me as if she saw a rainbow being made in front of her. We played the notes over and over again, smiling as we played a song we created together. As we started from the beginning again, I sang some lyrics that was about the both of us and all the memories we had gone through together. Then she continued and before we knew it, we made a new song. It felt as if we were making a new bridge of our own, just the two of us. As our fingers hit the last note and our voice unite to a decrescendo, ending the song nicely. We both looked at each other and smiled.

“Chakamanyo(Wait a minute), I’ll get a book to write down our song.” She said cheerfully.

Just as she was about to get up I held her hand. She turned with a questioned look and waited for me to say something. I got up, pushing the piano chair slightly and stood in front of her. I felt as if I was clouded and all I could see clearly was her. I placed my hands on her face and leaned in slowly, touching her lips for the first time. There was no space between us and as I pushed her down while kissing her, she sat slowly on the piano keys, causing a sound. I immediately woke up from my daze as I pulled back.

“Kae Jung-ah, mianhae(sorry)…” I looked down, moving away slowly.

Kae Jung’s POV

I was shocked upon what happened just a few seconds ago. I breathed in carefully and went to grab him from behind before he turned the door knob. We stood there for a moment as he turned around and hugged me back, placing his chin on my head.

“Saranghaeyo(I love you). Ever since I realized I had forgotten about you, ever since you have always been there for me all these while.” I said as I felt a tear sliding down my cheeks and onto his shirt.

“Nandul(Me too). Domu saranghaeyo(I love you very much).” He said as he hugged me tighter, placing his hands around me, calming me down.

We pulled away from the hug as I looked up to him who was smiling everlastingly. He brought his thumbs up to my face and wiped my tears. We sat down for a moment, talking things out, about our state, about almost everything, laughing instead of practicing. It was a good thing that the instructor could not make it today. Then my conscience hit me that I should practice hard for my debut. I must make Onew proud.

“Yah(hey), Onew-.” I was stopped.

“Call me Jin Ki. I’d rather you call me that.” He said with a sincere smile.

“Orh(okay)… J-jin Ki-ssi, I got to practice. I have a lot to do if I want my debut to be perfect.

“Arrasso(I got it)…” he dragged but he got up and went to the door.

I ran to him as I placed a finger pointed out and he turned, getting poked by my long finger. I laughed when he turned and quickly pecked his nose. I then walked away and turned on the music to resume my dancing routine. I heard him chuckle as he left.