|• Late Night Thoughts

This is what you could call... a filler, but it's cute so worth it!

-Jay

~~~

The clock ticked on the wall, back and forth as the night went on. The only light in the small bedroom was the small fairy lights that hung above Sugawara's bed, giving him the slightest light as he hid under the covers, scared to come out.

His mind was foggy, his thoughts blurred, trying to take them away from Daichi yet always failing, somehow looping back around to the captain every time.

In the silence, it was as if he was alone, just him and his thoughts, and he very well might be. At eleven at night, his parents were most likely in bed, snuggling together for warmth... just as he wanted to do with a certain someone.

The wind rustled the leaves outside, his curtains danced along with the breeze that had made itself at home in his room. His papers from his study session with Daichi a few hours before were shoved hastily in his bag, his pencil cased empty on the desk as he had tried to erase any romantic thoughts about his friend from his mind by sketching.

Yet it was all pointless as he continued to drool over his crush like some sort of cheesy teenage girl from a 90's American movie. As much as he hated to admit it... these feelings were there, refusing to back off for even a split second.

It was a new feeling, the butterflies in his abdomen, the heat that rose in his face at the slightest thought of Daichi, the crimson blush, all of this felt as if he was on cloud 9, to which Sugawara hated to admit.

Looking out the window, the silver-haired male buried deeper into his blankets, looking at the dark sky, the clouds blocking all light from the moon. Hearing the window swing open, Suga groaned, shivering as the cool air hit his exposed skin.

Looking out into the dimly lit neighbourhood, a small smile played across his lips, closing his eyes and taking in the beauty of the night. It was peaceful, a place to release all his problems, where he could be free, free to daydream till his heart was content.

Letting go of the perfect night, Sugawara closed the windows, his bedroom almost instantly warming up as the curtains fell back into place, the room descending into silence, the only audible noise were the long breaths from the teenage boy and the clock ticking on the wall.

With padded footsteps, Suga walked back to his bed, climbing into the covers, appreciating the warmth of his covers. Wrapping his arms around a pillow, he cradled it, finding it oddly comforting.

Thoughts seem to crowd his mind, taking over every space. How long had he liked Daichi for? It was weird, surely it was something more, it couldn't have happened just like that.

Recollecting memories, the platinum-haired teenager thought back to the previous years, all the time he spent with Daichi.

The time they first met. It was the first day, the three who were now in their third years, stood awkwardly in front of the team who looked down on them with menacing glares as they all shared their aspirations.

Finding out they shared classes, sneaking notes and giggling, ignoring the world's troubles around them.

When Sugawara first met his captain's parents. The thought of that memory made the silver-haired teen blush a crimson red, remembering how awkward he was, not wanting to come off as rude.

Even with all the time they spent together, Suga couldn't pinpoint a time he had ever felt this head over heels for Daichi. Of course, there had been times where he had admired the taller one, but it never went as far as lying awake and dreaming about fantasies where they held hands, huddled for warmth, or kissed.

The teenager chuckled, wondering how it had taken so long for him to realise these romantic feelings. Rolling over, his back now facing the wall, his hazel-brown eyes that were glazed with sleep found their way to a small photo frame.

It was about half the size of an A4 piece of paper, the pale wooden frame put together by Daichi and Sugawara as what they considered, a 'fun after school project'. It had been after their first-year exams were over. The pair had decided to make each other frames and give each other matching pictures to put inside as a symbol of friendship...

The picture, in particular, was two figures standing outside the gates of Karasuno high. The taller one, pulling piece signs and grinning, their eyes shut as their cheeks formed small dimples, their silver hair falling over their face.

The small person stood with their arm around the other shoulder, the dark hair blowing in what seemed to be the wind as they smiled an almost perfect smile.

Sugawara knew those people off by heart.

It was him and Daichi in their first year. The teenager laughed to himself as he remembered how cocky he got over his height, now who was the short one.

Laughing at his lovestruck self, the silver-haired male reached out, grabbing his phone and some earphones. As the screen turned on, another more peaceful smile played across Suga's face as he looked at his lock screen.

Ironically, it was of his crush. He had set it ages ago as a joke, thinking it would pass and he would change it sooner or later. But with the current situation, he didn't think he would be changing it anytime soon.

The picture was taken when they were studying, Sugawara had noted the face Daichi was making as he looked over a problem and decided to poke a little bit of fun. The captain's face was scrunched up into a frown, his brow creased as he tapped a pen on his chin.

It was, undoubtedly, cute, especially to the silver-haired teen, Finally plugging his earphones in and turned on his music, he fell back onto the bed, letting the sheets indulge him

Rolling back around, Sugawara closed his heavy eyelids, feeling himself drift off into a deep sleep, thinking of his newfound crush as old school sappy love songs played along in the background.

~~~

*sigh* Shipping is good

~~~

What is your current anime/s you are watching?

Your Lie In April, Danganrompa, Naruto and Attack on Titan

~~~

Make sure to stay safe everyone! The world is a dangerous place but try find the beautiful things in life<3

<No takebacks>

-Jay