|• Shopping spree

Sorry, this is a bit late. I've been struggling to write lately but it'll just take me some time to get back into it!

-Jay

~~~

The small family drove to a small mall that was a short drive away. It was a strange feeling for Sugawara, seeing the barren streets that were littered with the occasional person. Of course with school still in session, there shouldn't be any students around, except the few delinquents who tended to skip.

The mall was a tall, whitewashed building. Glass windows lined the front, letting natural light from the sun to light the dimly lit building.

The mall itself was rather empty, with couples and elder people walking around and looking through storefronts. There were a variety of different shops, ranging from clothing stores to food courts.

Sugawara was in awe, having rarely been to the city, let alone a mall. The difference between the shops and the new smells made him buzz with excitement.

"Hm, apparently there's a good ramen place here," the teenager's dad said to himself, looking around at the many stores, his eyes lingering on ones advertising food.

"Koushi, how does that sound?" Sakura looked at her son who kept confidently walking, his eyes flickering around, wanting to catch every detail "Personally I could go for some miso ramen, that sounds good at the moment"

"I'm down" he replied, following his parents into a vibrant store.

The smell of spices and noodles wafted through the air, dancing into Sugawara's nose as he breathed in the familiar scent. After having a seat at a table and being handed the menus, the family drooled over the immaculate replicas of the bowels of ramen that had been positioned to have the light slightly shining off the broth, making it a picture-perfect bowl of noodles.

"Could I have something extra spicy?" Sugawara questioned, pointing at a reference photo.

"Sure, I think me and your father might just have the shio ramen, plain and boring as usual" the silver-haired woman sighed, closing her menu and waving over a waitress.

"It's not a bad thing to be simple" her husband retaliated, placing his rough hands over her thin and delicate fingers, carefully, as if the lightest touch would break them.

"I know, I know," Sakura smiled, giving the waiter a sympathetic smile "Sorry, could we please get two shio ramen and one extra spicy"

"Of course, they will be out in a minute" the woman smiled before trotting off to the kitchen, smiling and chatting with the chef, who in return, continued the conversation while whipping up the order.

Though the conversation was inaudible from where the family was sitting, the workers were the least of their concern, instead, they stayed in their own little bubble.

"So, what sort of clothes do you want? Other than... ya know" Sakura gestured to her chest, her son instantly getting the message.

"Oh, yea. I was thinking of trying more feminine clothing," Sugawara stated, thinking about the difference between clothing choices both genders had.

He wasn't even sure his clothes at home would fit him anymore. With more attention around his bust, the shirts that were once too big for him might be too small.

"That's fine by me, I know a few good stores so we can go look around after lunch" Sakura smiled, the waitress coming back over to the group and placing three, steaming hot bowls of noodles on the table.

"Two shio ramen and one extra spicy ramen" the woman smiled and gave a short bow before walking off to serve some more customers.

Sugawara wasted no time, picking up his chopsticks and eagerly spooning the flavoursome noodles. He craved the way the spice made his tongue tingle, the tanginess of the flavouring.