|• Jealousy of the heart

I wrote this chapter in record time :D

-Jay

~~~

The loud blaring on an alarm woke up the unfortunate teenager, the lack of sleep catching up to him as he silently hoped it would turn off by itself. Yet even with his small prayers, Sugawara got up out of the safety of his bed, turning off the annoying sound of the alarm.

The cold morning air felt like ice against his skin, giving him goosebumps all while he walked over to his closet, picking out his uniform once again.

Mornings were always rough, yet his late-night thoughts had followed him to the early morning, keeping him occupied while he slid a thin white shirt over his head. His chest felt heavy like some strange weight was unknowingly added to it. The thought of Daichi made his heart clench up, skip a beat and go into a wild fit.

Pulling up his pants, the silver-haired teen finally made his way to the bathroom, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he did. Looking in the mirror, his brows furrowed, looking at the locks of his long and tangled hair that fell over his ears. Taking note of the wild bush, he made sure to remind himself to get a haircut, not wanting to let his hair go unchecked for too long.

Snatching up a hairbrush, he yanked at his hair in an attempt to rid the knots, which worked surprisingly well.

Letting his hair naturally style itself, he quickly ran back into his bedroom to grab his bag. Checking his phone before he made his way downstairs, Sugawara opened a group message from Daichi telling everyone that practice was cancelled due to a school inspection and the principal wanting everything to be perfect.

Quickly replying, he then went downstairs, greeted by the smell of warm pancakes and strawberries.

"Koushi, I made pancakes this morning, you better eat quickly otherwise you'll miss practise," his mother said before shoving a slice in her mouth.

"Practise was cancelled so I have a bit of time today" Sugawara answered, digging into the soft breakfast.

"Oh, that's nice, any exams coming up?"

"Hm, not that I know of, just the normal lessons and tests" the teen replied, taking a bite and indulging in the perfect mixture of plain and sweet flavours.

"Morning" Suga's dad said, walking into the room, wearing his loose pyjamas that drooped over his figure.

The teenager wastes no time finishing his breakfast, feeling strangely out of it and not wanting to have too much social interaction with his parents this early in the morning. Strange what a heartache does to you.

It was as if it twisted his personality, making him do strange things and think wild thoughts that made his mind go forbidden places. Daichi was someone you could rely on and trust, like family, so how could he have these thoughts, thoughts of them having a happy life, thoughts of them cuddling inside while the rain poured outside, thoughts of marriage as embarrassing as it was to admit that.

Finally making it back to his room, he walked over to his desk, sweeping up the sheets of paper and books that were dumped over his desk from the previous night, one of the few failed attempts to get his mind off his new formed crush.

Catching a glimpse of himself, he glared at the reflection, grabbing a stray strand of hair and lightly tugging at it, grimacing at the annoying length. How it had grown so suddenly, he wouldn't have known, perhaps it had been this long for a while and he had failed to notice? Either way he needed a trim.

Quickly gathering his books and shoving them into his shoulder bag, Sugawara wasted no time walking downstairs in his bunny slippers, an almost exact replica of the ones he had stored over at Daichi's house.