|• Unwanted friend

School is gonna take my life away-

-Jay

~~~

Pulling up into the driveway, a hollow feeling had crept its way into Sugawara, remembering how invested Daichi looked with Michimiya. His eyes had shone with child-like innocence, shining with a spark of love.

A twisted feeling arose in the teenager's stomach, a nasty scowl crossing his face, mixed with the feeling of misery. Though his feelings softened and numbed as Sakura pulled into the driveway, the car coming to a slow stop.

"Koushi, how about we try on some of the clothes... you know, let's have a little fashion show for me" she turned to her son "If that would make you feel better"

Suga felt the warmth of his mother's hand envelop his own, his eyes wavering up to meet the kind and sympathetic gaze.

"That would be fun" the teenager grinned, letting his worries wash away "Do you mind helping me bring in the bags?"

"Of course"

The pair climbed out of the car, opening the back to reveal bags piled in the small space. A selection of clothes had been thrown across the car, fortunately, most had remained in their places.

Loading up their arms, Sakura and Sugar hauled the bags to the front door, letting their arms rest for a second as the woman fiddled around with her keys. Finally finding the correct key, she unlocked the door, revealing the clean and abandoned house.

"It seems your father went straight to work without eating anything" she sighed after taking her shoes off, dumping the clothes on the kitchen bench and falling onto the couch, letting her body sink into the soft fabric.

"Didn't he say something about being late?" Sugawara asked, pouring himself a glass of water.

"Not sure, knowing Ichigo he's never late" his mother groaned, pushing herself up "Anyway, go try on those clothes for me, I wanna see some confidence" she grinned, waved her son off to his bedroom after handing him a few clothes.

Trudging up the stairs, Sugawara let a nurtured smile edge its way onto his lips. Both of his parents had been so supportive of him, even going to the lengths of wasting their budget to make him feel comfortable in his body.

Shutting his bedroom door behind him, he laid out the clothes on his bed, admiring his mother's trendy taste for fashion.

Taking off his pants, he replaced them with a pair of sunny yellow plaid shorts. They hung off his hips, falling in small pleats. His hands moved around his waist, finding the small ribbon that he pulled around his waist before tying it in a small bow.

Pulling his shirt over his head, he slid on a small tube-top. The thick cotton top outlined his bust, making him slightly sensitive. Though he was getting used to these sorts of clothes and his body, he still found everything rather uncomfortable.

Looking in the mirror, he adjusted the buttons in front and slid his shoes into some white strapped sandals. Letting himself do a small twirl, he gazed at his reflection. A sudden feeling came over him, wanting to crawl under his covers and hide from the rest of the world.

"Koushi?" his mother's voice was like a ray of light in the darkness of a cave "are you dressed?"

"Y-yea, you can come in," Sugawara said, taking deep breaths as the door creaked open, his mother's inquisitive eyes peeking around the doorframe.

"Oh my- you look amazing," she said, in awe at her son's magical transformation "How does it feel"

"I like it, though it makes me-"