|• Who's the Lucky Guy?

Hey... I'm riding the wave of motivation and boredom at the moment :P

-Jay

~~~

The school grounds were deserted. Just the chilled breaths of the couple as they made their way through the ghost school. As they continued to get closer to the club rooms the sound of squeaking shoes joined the hushed breathing as well as some mumbled conversation.

Hinata and Kageyama. Who was surprised? Sugawara couldn't help but giggle, it made him realize, that even though his life was flipped upside down and inside out, the world kept spinning.

The birds kept chirping, the trees kept growing. Life wasn't going to stop for him so why should he stop for life?

"What's so funny?" Daichi asked, holding the door open for his friend, entering the warmth of the clubroom.

"Nothing much, everything just feels so weird, everything is still the same even though I'm so different... you know?"

There was silence. Just the heater's soft vibrations warmed the air and the sound of Daichi slipping his shirt off.

"I know"

More silence.

"Oh I should probably go meet Ukai and explain everything" he gestured to himself and gave a hesitant laugh.

"Oh right, I'll see you down there then" his lips creased into a bittersweet smile as Sugawara turned to leave, the sight of him leaving giving Daichi a heavy and empty feeling in his chest.

The chilling air was always something Sugawara had mixed opinions on. Right now, in the stiff and uncomfortable uniform, he hated it more than anything.

A loud trio came trudging up the stairs in front of him, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, and Narita's mumbled conversation was hushed as they passed Sugarawa, their eyes following his silver locks. The harsh piercing gaze of the three pairs of eyes made Sugawara oddly anxious, that feeling of fluttering in his stomach made him remember why he was so nervous, to begin with.

Stopping at the bottom of the steps, he let the cool air flow through his body, calming his mind and making him aware of his surroundings.

The birds flying above him, the rustling trees in the distance, the sound of squeaking shoes, the mumbled chit-chat of teenage boys. And his breaths oh his breaths. He was awfully aware of how he was breathing during times like these.

In through the nose, out through the mouth. In through the nose, out through the mouth.

An automatic body response for when he was anxious.

Feeling that flittering feeling in his gut disperses, he continued to head off to the gym, making sure to take his time, placing each foot one in front of the other, purpose filling his stride.

"Excuse me miss-" a man's voice called out, hesitant and questioning "This is the boy's volleyball team, the girl's volleyball has their training tomorrow morning if you're wanting to attend"

Ah, Ukai, oblivious as ever.

"Oh, it's okay! I'm actually here to talk to you" Sugawara said, turning around to face the middle-aged blonde man.

"Huh-" he cocked his head, still confused.

"Let's talk inside" the teenager sighed, gesturing to the gym.

Once inside they both took a seat on one of the benches, with Kageyama and Hinata paying no mind to them as they kept practicing. There was an awkward silence, both waiting for the other to start.