chapter 23

ANDRÉ'S POV

I paced the porch talking to myself. I was a nervous wreck! Honestly I had no idea why. I mean, this was just Miracle. She became to be my best friend. I know so much about her, more than I could ever know. She was my mate. I was suppose to be calm, not a freaking butterfly valley.

"Oh." I heard her say. "It's you."

I frowned. Not the greeting I was expecting, but I'll take what I get.
"I'm sorry Miracle, and you know I am. I would never do anything to hurt you."

Miracle just crossed her arms and looked at me, showing no emotion at all.

I sighed and took a step towards her. "Miracle, I've been meaning to tell you this, long before, you was chosen as my mate."
Miracle took a breath. "Do you want to sit down for this?" She asked, gesturing to the hammock hanging on the porch.

I mustured a smile and we sat down, Miracle keeping her distance. I just wanted to grab her and show her how much she means to me, but I guess I had to do it with words, right now.

I cleared my throat. Here goes everything.

"I know in middle school, I may have been like a pest or bully, but it was only because I liked you, damn, I loved you. I needed to do anything to get your attention, anything. I actually beat up Devon for laughing you, when you couldn't sing the song. I knew it was because you was shy, not because you couldn't sing. I know you Miracle. I love you. I know it sounds all weird and wrong but I really do. I did before and I still do now. I always did and I would never try to hurt you, believe me on that..."

Miracle stared at me, tears brimming her eyes. She was speechless, I could tell.

"And May and I have nothing." I continued. "And we never will."

Miracle began to cry. I pulled her into my embrace. She clutched my shirt, crying into my chest. I hugged her tightly. Why do I always make her cry?

'It's in a good way." My wolf assured me.

I rested my chin untop of her head. I did. I admitted that I loved her and that I always did.

"Did you really beat up Devon?" She mumbled against my chest.

I chuckled. "Yeah, I did. He had no right to laugh my girl."
Beating up Devon Chester was one of my greatest accomplishment, back at Portland. I had to say, that I enjoyed making that guy throw up blood. And it was all for Miracle.

Miracle giggled, her laugh vibrating on my chest. "I love you dimwitt."

I smiled. "I love you too beautiful." Then I rememebered something. "I have something for you."

Miracle pulled back, hands still on my chest. I pulled a locket out from my pocket and gave it to her.
She gasped, looking at the locket.
It was a gold heart locket, with a picture of her and I inside.

"Oh my! Andre'? You kept it?" She asked shocked.

I smiled. The picture was a picture of the two of us, holding hands, licking icecream, taken when we were just beginning middle school.
"Sure I did. My mom made sure I did."
She chuckled. "My mom did too, I guess she knew."
I smiled and pulled her into my embrace after clasping the locket around her neck.

"I guess they did."