chapter 16

MIRACLE'S POV

I woke up with a smile. Today was the day. Today was my birthday. I sighed with content, smiling to myself. I was finally 18. I was finally a grown ass teenager.

"Happy birthday sweetheart!" Mom singed, entering my room with a cake in her hands. Dad was right behind her, singing too.

I smiled and sat up. "Thanks mom and dad."

"Blow out the candles and make a wish." Mom said.

I took a breath and blew out the candles. I wished for the best birthday ever and the best mate.

"Happy birthday!" Dad said again.

I giggled. "Thanks daddy. Now where's my present?"

Mom and dad laughed. Mom pulled out a shopping bag from under my bed.

How'd she managed to do that? I swear I was in my room the whole day, yesterday.

I opened the bag and squealed.  Mom had bought me an outfit I've been dying to buy since forever. It was a black high-low flare blouse with sequins on the collar, a blue ash washed, shredded turnt up skinny jeans and a pair of black Apple bottoms sneakers.

"Mom!" I gushed, grabbing her wrist and pulling her into a hug.  "Thank you so much." I was overjoyed. How did she know? I never mentioned it to her or asked for the money.

"You just had to give me competition." Dad mumbled, handing me a long, narrow jewelry box. I opened it and gasped. I pulled out a gold charm bracelet. The charms were a music note, which was a treble clef, an angel, a horse shoe, a rose, a wolf and a heart. I loved it. I pinned it around my wrist immediately. "Daddy, its gorgeous. I love it so much." I pulled him into a hug. "Oh my gosh! I don't know how to thank you for this."

Dad gave mom a smug look, who just huffed, crossing her arms and turned her head, causing me to laugh.

"Knock knock! Where's the birthday girl?"

Everyone spun around. My jaw dropped. Mom's eyes popped and dad just shook his head.

I flew the covers off me and rushed to Kelly.

"Ohmygoshyourherewhatareyoudoinghere?whobroughtyouhere?doesyourmomknow?Kellyyourhere!!!" I said in one breath.

Kelly laughed, holding me at arms length. "Breathe Miracle, breathe. I didn't understand anything you just said."

I shook my head. "It doesn't matter. Your here."

Kelly laughed and hugged me again. Then she went to hug my parents. They all seemed surprised to see her, so it couldn't be one of them. I shook my head. It doesn't matter. Kelly is here and we're going to have a blast.

"I have so much planned for you." Kelly said, turning to face me. And I couldn't wait.

-----
"So?" Kelly asked, as we took our seats in the ice cream parlor.
"So?" I repeated, looking at her lost.
Kelly rolled her eyes. "You've been in Texas for three weeks. Something interesting must have happened."
I placed my hands on the table and thought about it. I've been in Texas for three weeks. During those three weeks, I had more fun than I could imagine. André and I became best of friends. He was a really nice guy, he didn't lie when he said he changed. May haven't stopped being a bitch, and I haven't stopped showing her who has the upper hand. Texas became home for me, in just three weeks.

"Oh, you know. The usual." I lied. I did not want Kelly knowing I liked Texas more than Portland. She'll get mad and never speak to me again. I didn't want that to happen.

"You're lying." Kelly said simply.
I blushed. This girl knew me too damn well.
I waited for the waiter to leave before giving in and telling Kelly everything, including the André part.

Kelly jaw dropped. I chuckled and placed a spoonful of mint chocolate chip flavored ice cream in my mouth.
"You like him? I know you do."  Kelly asked.
I really didn't get why she asked, and she knew the answer. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. We're just friends, and that's as far as I see it."
Kelly rolled her eyes, stirring her ice cream. "You can do better than that."
I chuckled. "I'm not lieing kel. I just don't think about him that way, no matter how many times he says I'm his mate."
Kelly swallowed her ice cream. "What if he is your mate? What would you do? You can't possibly reject him."

I frowned, digging my spoon into my ice cream. I know if André did become my mate that I would not reject him, but I just didn't see him that way. Well at least I think I did.

NB. That's Kelly... She's gorgeous.....thanks for reading. Vote, comment, share