chapter 28

ANDRÉ'S POV

I looked at Miracle, as she spun around to face me. She had her phone to her ear, and her eyes were brimming with tears.

"Miracle? Baby, are you OK?" I asked, crouching down to pull her into my arms.
Thankfully, she did not reject and allowed me to place her on my lap.
I wiped away her tears and took away her phone.
"I'm sorry for cutting of the person, but I need to make sure my baby is alright."

I don't care that she told me that I was no longer her mate.
I don't care that she probably hates me right now.
I don't care that she's mad at me.
And I most certainly don't care if she thinks that I'm a jerk.
All I care about is making sure that she's OK.
Miracle can believe anything she want, but I was still going to love her anyhow.
Mate bond or no mate bond, I loved her, and what I had for her, was real.

"André?" She sniffled. "I'm such a messed up person. I treated you like shit. I'm so sorry."

I hugged her tightly. "There's no need to be sorry. I just want us to go back to being us."

Miracle mustered a smile. "OK. We can."

I smiled, and claimed her lips.
Gosh! I'd miss those lips.
The kiss was getting deeper and I was getting turned on.

"Sorry to interrupt." Kelly said, clearing her throat.

I took her smell before she even spoke.
And I damn well knew she wasn't sorry.
"Yes Kelly?"

Miracle giggled. She could hear the irritation in my voice.
"There's a call for you, and your mom said to abstain." With that Kelly walked away.

Miracle looked at me with rosy cheeks. "Uh..."
I chuckled and kissed her again. "Don't worry. I want to make it special."
She started to blush. "Shut up!"
I laughed. "I better go answer that call."
Miracle nodded and got off me.
I took her hand and pulled her away.

-------

"I was thinking." Miracle said, coming into the room, with a bowl of popcorn. "That we should go out for a late night swim."
I smiled at the suggestion, then frowned. I remembered something. "No."
Miracle gaped at me. "No?"
I nodded. "No. You can't swim."
Miracle gasped and threw a popcorn at me. "I can so swim!"
I raised my eyebrow. "OK. Then let's go now."

Miracle's eyes widen. "Now? But the movie hasn't start yet and its not that late."
"It'd be a quick swim." I said, already getting up.
Miracle fidgeted in her seat. I could tell that she was nervous. I knew Miracle too well. I knew the reason why she wouldn't go near or too far into water.
"Uhmm, I change my mind. I don't even know what I was thinking suggesting that."

I stretched out my hand. "Come on babe. The water isn't getting any warmer."
Miracle sighed and took my hand, then we left for shore. We stripped, me down to my boxers and Miracle down to her bra and undies.

"Wow!" I gasped, gazing at her. "Who created you?"

Miracle rolled her eyes. "Get in the water dimwit."
I chuckled and did as she said. I swam out as far as I could, them came up to see Miracle sitting on shore, the waves lashing at her feet. It was a beautiful sight but I had to ruin it.

"Miracle!" I called. "Its not that cold."

Miracle's eyes landed on me and I could see fear and I could also feel too. I decided, it was time that she overcame this fear. I swam back to shore and sat next to her.
"Aren't you going to go in the water? It was your idea."
Miracle picked at the grain of sands at her feet. "It was my idea, but I changed my mind. I just......I don't feel safe."
I rubbed her arm. "I'll be with you. You'll be safe."
She needed all the encouragement she could get. I needed her to put this behind her.
Miracle frowned. "I don't know."
I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arm around Miracle's waist, carrying her to the water.
She squirmed and kicked, yelling for me to put her down, but of course I was immune to all that.
I swam to the furthest I could reach with Miracle's weight.
I placed her down, wrapping my arms around her waist to keep her afloat, as I treaded water with my feet. Miracle hung on to me for dear life.

"Relax Mir. Its OK." I coaxed.

Miracle shook her head. "No!"

"Tell me why you don't feel safe in water." I said, I knew why, but I just wanted her to say it.

"I almost drowned." Miracle whispered. "I was on a field trip with my eighth grade class. I went into the water, a-and I don't know what happened. Normally I'm a great swimmer, but that day I-I don't know. I just felt myself going down and down....until someone saved me."

I smiled softly. "Now that it's out in the air, how do you feel?"

Miracle paused, thinking it over. "I feel good....I meant to tell you thank you, but I was just so shocked. Its not everytime you get saved by your bully. I meant to really, but you left before I could."

I smiled. "It's OK Miracle. A thank you is the least of things I deserve from you."
Miracle smiled. She looked so beautiful under the moon. Her hair had this golden light to it, her eyes were such a bright color, her smile only made it better.
And under the moonlight, in the ocean, I marked Miracle Adams as my own, as my mate, as mine.