chapter 18

MIRACLE'S POV

Kelly looked at me, a wide grin on her face. I had no idea what her problem was. Throughout the whole ride back home, she was grinning and giggling like a mad woman.

I gave her a puzzled look, second guessing if I should ask her the question. Oh, what the heck! I needed to know.

"So, what do you think?" I asked her. "Be honest."

I was dressed in a wool, one shoulder top dress, with a peach flare high-low bottom. I had on my peach pumps, and I placed a black belt around my waist. My hair was let loose and the only jewelry I had on was my long chain and a pair if gold bangles.

Kelly jumped up and down. "You look great. I love it."

I smiled. That's all I wanted to hear. "Ready for yours?"

Kelly nodded and struck a pose.

I laughed. She was dressed in a strapless, short, flowered pattern dress, with a plaited bottom. She wore her hair loose and straight. She had on a pair of plain ankle boots and no jewelry at all.  She looked great. No. She looked gorgeous.

"You look ah-mazing." I gushed.

Kelly beamed. "Come on, we'll be late."

"For what?" I asked, grabbing my purse. Kelly told me to get all dressed up for a classy occasion. So obviously, I dressed my best, but I just didn't know where we were going. Kelly wouldn't say.

Kelly groaned. She flew her hands up in frustration. "Fine Miracle. If you want to know so badly, I'm bringing you out for dinner at a posh restaurant. And we'll be late for our reservations if you don't stop asking questions."

I chuckled and blew Kelly a kiss. "I love you best friend."

Kelly rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah yeah, whatever. Now get snapping!"

I laughed and walked pass Kelly. Tonight should be fun.
----
On the way to the restaurant Kelly received a call.

She frowned after she ended the call. "Bad news. I found out that I have to make a detour. Can you manage?"

I smiled. "Yeah, it's just a simple detour."

Kelly smiled and set the car in reverse.

"Just handle my baby with care." I cautioned.
By baby, I meant my vehicle. I worked to hard for that car. BMWs just don't rain down on people.

Kelly chuckled. "Don't wet your panties Miracle. I'm an A-class driver."

I scoffed. That was a lie. I couldn't count how many times Kelly got a ticket for speeding and reckless driving. There was just not enough fingers or toes.

Kelly just rolled her eyes. "Shut up Miracle. You ain't any better."

That did shut me up, but I had to defend myself. "Not as much as you. I only have two speeding tickets unlike you."

Kelly huffed. "Let's not have this convo."

I agreed with her hundred percent.

Kelly pulled in front my grandparents' club. What were we doing here?

Kelly looked at me expectantly. "No questions, just get your stuff."

I huffed and did as she said.
I followed Kelly into the dark club, surprisingly it wasn't locked.
"There's no one here." I said to Kelly.

Suddenly the light came on, and I heard a loud shout of  'surprise'
I looked at my friends, family, relatives and maybe a few enemies here and there. But eh, it was my birthday.

"Oh my gosh." I gasped.

Kelly came up behind me. "Surprise! I had you fooled."
I rolled my eyes at her. "Yeah yeah, let's not have this convo."
Kelly chuckled and pulled me into the crowd.

I got hugs and presents from everybody, even people I didn't know. I couldn't complain of course, I got more free gifts.

"So how are you enjoying the party?" Mom asked, over the blasting music.
I smiled. "Great. Its great."
Mom smiled, then left me.
I walked over to the bar. I lost Kelly in all the commotion and large crowd. I have yet to see her or catch a glimpse.
As I stood there playing with the rim of my glass, my mind wondered to André. I haven't seen him all day. He told me that my birthday was a big deal for him and he wouldn't miss it for the world. He did text me happy birthday but I was expecting to see him. I had no idea why I was worked up about this really, I just figured since we became sort of best friends, he'd be there.
I frowned. Deep down, I knew that wasn't the reason why.

"Hi."

My heart started to beat faster, and my wolf was jumping and dancing about. I had this unexplainable desire to touch the guy behind me, not to mention an explosion of sparks inside me. It was him. It was my mate.

I spun around and my breath caught. Before me stood André, a crooked smile on his face, looking as handsome as ever.

"Happy birthday." He said shyly.

I forced myself to breathe. This was André, not anybody famous. This was a guy that I became best friends with. I just can't possibly be at a loss for words, especially not now.

"Uh...uh..." I stammered. Images of us together, laughing, smiling, hugging and me just denying him as my mate, flashed through my head. They were so clear. How could I be so stupid? I couldn't do it, I just couldn't. I gave André an apologetic look and rushed outside.
This was just not right. He couldn't be my mate. I denied it all along, he just couldn't be.

NB. Whoa...that was long chapter... Buh it was filled with little drama... Just a little   so André is Miracle's mate after all... She was too stubborn.... Any who that's Miracle and Kelly in the media wearing their outfits to the party. They looked cute.

What do you think happen next?

Comment and vote

Whoa long NB too...oh well...carryon.