Chapter Twenty- Six

Husband

Father will be holding an emergency meeting to welcome the new investor of the company. He said that he invested a lot of money to the company which is a big help since we're extending another branch of Fortleza Steel in Iloilo.

So, here we are today, gathered inside the meeting room byto welcome the VIP investor. All managers and stock holders are present today.

Everyone is curious who that is. Me too, our company has enough resources to do the expanding, but, big investment is also a big help to us. We can extend a lot of branches since Fortaleza is not amateur in the country and international in exporting and importing steel goods. We may be not the top company but we always did our best to produce high quality service and products to our clients. That's how we earned the trust from them.

Our company was passed from generation to another. So, we see to it that the sweats and bloods that my great grandfather sacrifices will not put in vain. Dad is still the CEO of the company but he already annouced last time to us that he will step down from his position next year and let my brother take the position.

I was back from my reverie when I heard my father baritone voice echoed around the room. As I am looking at my father right now, I can't help but to be proud as her daughter and an employee, he did too many greatness for this company. He is really the epitome of great businessman. What I admired him the most is that despite his busy schedule as a leader of a big company he never once disappointed us when all the time we need support and care from a father. During my ballet rehearsals , he was there most of the time, even to my brother extra- curricular activities. Graduations, birthdays, and anniversaries he is always present. For me, he is my great man. No one could compare to my dad. He is one of a kind and I am lucky to have him as my father.

"This day marks as one of the joyous day for our company. We all worked hard to still be one of the leading steel company in and outside of the country and I am proud to have you as my partners in achieving success throughout the years, from that let us give ourselves a big and resounding applause for all our dedications and efforts!" He said with all intergrity and proudness.

We all clapped our hands and plastered a laugh and smile.

Then the applause gradually died down, so he speaks again.

"I want you all to meet our new investor, the CEO of The Smithian, a mutli-billion architectural company in and out of the country and the heir of Monteverde Hotel and Casino...." my dad pause for a minute. "Chandler Monteverde-Smith" my dad added.

Everybody are clapping their hands except me. My jaw dropped as my father enthusiastically introduced him to all of us.

Tama ba ang narinig ko?

Mas lalong nalaglag ang panga ko ng masilayan ko siya ng maigi. He was standing beside my father and my brother with an affirmative look. He is wearing a black tuxedo with a white inner sleeves; wearing a smile that can a launched a thousand ships.

His gaze went to me. Nagtama ang aming mata na waring nag- uusap kami gamit ang mga yun. Kaya pala parang barya lang sa kaniya ang 20 million because he is a billionaire.

Para akong natuod sa kinatatayuan dahil sa nangyare ngayon. I can't believe he is our new investor. That explains why my family knew about him beforehand.

"And of course, he is also be working with us on hand, please treat him nicely" dagdag pa ni daddy sabay tapik sa balikat ni Adi.

Ano daw? Ibig sabihin boss ko na siya?

My eyes still on him. I am still surprised of what is happening today.

"Are you okay?" Napabalik ako sa hinuha ko ng tapikin ako sa braso ni Stephan.