Chapter Twenty

The three little blessings

As soon I unlocked the door of my condo, the three little pigs run to me.

"Mommy!" They called me in unison.

My heart melts upon seeing their chubbly little cheeks. Isa- isa kong pinanggigilan silang halikan, like I always do when I came home.

"Mommy, mommy Kuya Caius made the little girl cry kanina" pagsusumbong ni Cassy sa akin na nakapout pa ang lips na nakukuwento.

Agad dumako ang mata ko kay Caius na nanlilisik ang mata sa kapatid.

"Cauis stop throwing death glares to your sister, that is a bad habbit" agad naman lumambot ang mukha niya pero bakas parin ang inis nito sa kapatid "Is Cassy saying the truth?" I ask my first born.

Yes, Caius is my first born, followed by Cassy and my bunso is Calliander.

"Yes" nakababa ang ulo niyang sagot.

I heaved a deep sigh.

"What did I told all of you everytime?" I turned to all of them.

"Treat others the way you want to be treated!" Sabay- sabay nilang sagot sakin.

"That's right, if you want other people to respect you, you should respect them too, that is the golden rule" sabay- sabay ulit silang tumango kaya di ko mapigilang ngumiti. " Did you apologize to the girl Caius Hermes?" Pagsipat ko sa anak ko.

"No po" magalang na sagot niya.

"Okay. The next time you see her, be sure to apologize alright?" i told him and ruffled his hair.

"Okay mommy... sorry po ulit" mangiyak- ngiyak niyang paghingi ng tawad.

My heart melts the moment I saw tears forming in his eyes. So, I immediately wrap my arms around him. My baby is growing up already. Hinaplos- haplos ko ang ulo niya para kahit papano maramdaman niya love ko parin siya.

My scolding is not really a scold, it is more like a disciplinary act of love. I want them to realized what possible consequences they might receive as a result of their action. Habang bata pa kailangan alam nila ang tama sa mali, but I never prevent them to explore and make mistakes because they might grow up bringing the pressure of life. "Bawal magkamali" baka yan yung makalakihan nila. Sa pagkakamali minsan tayo natututo, doon natin narealize ang mga bagay- bagay kaya hanggat maari imbes na pagalitan ko sila, papangaralan ko nalang sila sa tamang paraan. That was how my parents raised us. They instill to us that it is okay to make a mistake, as long as you know how to repent and say sorry at the end.

Never teach a child not to make mistake, instead, help them to realize they own failure as a kid because from there, they will grow bringing the same disciplined as what you had taught them to be.

Molding children into a better person is not an easy job. It takes a lot of patience and perserverance to do the job consistently. I can attest to that becauae I am mother of three cute little angels. Each of them has their own personality even though they are triplets. Ang kakayahan ng isa ay hindi kakayahan ng isa.

" Mommy are we going to Lola?" Hila- hila ni Cali ang aking damit.

Kumalas sa pagyayakap ang aking panganay at hinila ko sila papunta sa sofa dahil nangangalay na akong magsquat.

"Yes baby, mommy will go out with ninang MJ later, so, you need to stay at your grandparent's house tonight okay?" nakangiting sagot ko kay Cali.

Sa kanilang tatlo, siya ang pinakatahimik. Very reserved kumbaga. Si Cauis naman ang pinakamalambing, at si Cassy naman pinakamatigas ang ulo. Despite of their differences, they never show that they are different from one another. Gusto lagi nila magkakasama, magkakalaro kahit minsan si Cassy at Cauis nagbabangayan.