Chapter Nineteen

New

"Ma'am may nagpadala po ng basket of flowers po sa inyo" my secretary informed me as soon as she entered my office.

Agad dumako ang mata ko sa dala niyang basket. Who would had sent me these?

Kumunot ang noo ko at sinipat ang basket kung may card na nakalagay.

"Who sent this?" I asked Gina, my secretary.

"It was just delivered by a courier ma'am" she answered.

"Love is sweeter in the second time around"

Yun yung nakasulat sa card na binasa ko. I frowned with that.

Who the hell is he or she?

"Gina, wala bang sinabi yung courier kung kanina galing?" Tanong ko ulit sa sekretarya ko.

Umiling siya. "No, ma'am. It was just address to you"

Tumango ako at inutos sa kaniyang ilapag nalang sa coffee table. Before she left, she reminded me of the upcoming auction ball tomorrow.

Traditionally, MGM, the head organizer of the ball, auctioned handsome gentlemen for a cost. All chosen foundations will benefit from the said auction. All the business companies in the world are part of this organization. MGM is the fouding company. Last year sa Thailand ang auction, ngayon naman dito sa Pilipinas gaganapin.

For this year, they turned the tables, it will be the women. All single gentlemen shall bid for the highest price they can afford for their chosen lady of the night. The reward is just a date. Harmless date naman yun, they really secure it. If you happened to do something against the rules of dating your date of the night, the consequences are termination of the partnership and blacklist from the business industry. Di ba ang bigat?

That's why MGM, did not hesitate to encourage men and women for every auction. Once a year lang naman to lagi.

I, myself, was invited to be auction for. Ayaw ko sana e, kaso inisip ko din ang mga matutulungan ng participation ko. Every participating women chose their own foundation to help to. Halimbawa ako, ang napili kong foundation ay yung Hospicio de San Jose, 75 percent of the bidding price sa kanila mapupunta. Hitting two birds in one stone. That's why I decided to accept the invitation. Maraming mga bata sa orphanage ang matutulungan ko. Para ko na ding mga anak ang mga andun.

I went in front of my table and lean my hand on it. I crossed my legs and tilt my head on the side while looking straight at the basket of flowers on the table.

My favorite flower pa mandin yan. It is a tulips.

The note again, flashes in my head. Who would it be?

A year after I graduated college, I dated couple of guys. Di rin kami nagtatagal dahil ang dami kong issues sa kanila. Ang isa masyadong boastful sa kayamanan nila at ang isa naman masyadong busy sa pagdodoctor niya. I mean, I understand the soon to be doctor na nakadate ko about his schedule kaso lang sa iilang beses naming walang communication at pagkikita the lost of interest kami sa isa't- isa. It was a mutual break-up naman.

Di naman si Emman siguro. Emmanuel, for short Emman was my longest boyfriend before we decided to part ways. Just like the doctor I dated, it was a mutual break- up also. Mas matagal pa nga kami ni Emman kaysa kay Adi dati eh.

We both loved each other naman kaso may nangyari lang kaya nag decide kaming maghiwalay. Throughout the two year of relationship with him, he never failed to show me care, love, and respect. Akala ko nga, siya na eh, hindi din pala. Anyways, ok naman na kami ngayon. We're civil.