Chapter Five

Motorcycle

A devastated news shocked me and my family. My brother is in the hospital together with his fiancee. They are both battling for survival. The doctors are pumping their chest to revive them. Bakas ang aksidente sa kanilang mga mukha. Halos parang naging kumot na nila ang mga dugong nakakalat sa buong katawan nila. I can't looked at them right now, so I went out from the ER, and hurriedly run outside.

"Ru!" Tawag sakin ni Penny.

"Why is this happening to us Pen? Why?" Halos mamaos ako sa pagsusumamo ko sa kawalan.

I covered my face with my bare hands and slowly slides down my body on the wall. Kanina lang masaya pa kaming nag- uusap ni Kuya sa phone, then unexpectedly they met an accident and here they are now. Swimming in their own blood while lying unconsiously on a hospital bed. My head is splitting in half because of what is happening. One moment we were happy, then one moment we are in the verge of hopelessness.

Penny sit beside me on the floor. She held my hand and gently carressing it.

"They will survive Ru, have faith in him" she told me pertaining to the almighty God.

My tears are bursting like crazy. I don't know what to believe anymore. I just want them to be alive. Gusto ko pa silang makasaman ng matagal.

"I hope so" I said.

Pen hugs me so tight while tapping my arm on the other side. That is what I needed right now.

Unfortunately, Ate Shaira didn't survive, only my brother. She severely injured than my brother, that is why it took her life. Her family is devastated and blame my brother for it. I emphatize with them but they have no right to blame my brother. Walang may gustong mangyari ang lahat ng ito. He too, battling against death until now, and besides none of these are his intention to happen. Mahal na mahal niya si Ate Shaira and I can attest to that, even them can attest to that. So, sinong baliw na fiancè ang gagawa ng bagay na ikakawala ng taong mahal nila. Wala!

"This is all your son's fault, kung hindi niya niyayang mag Vigan si Shaira, none of these will happen!" Ate Shaira's mother shouted at us. Her tone is full of wrath.

Napataas ang kilay ko sa sinabi niya. I am about to answer her but my mom immediately stop me.

"Our family was devastated too just like yours, walang gustong mangyare ang mga bagay na ito. Look at my son there, inside that room, do you think he is alive? We still don't know if he will wake up! And mother to mother, I, too is in deep anxiety while looking at my son lying like a dead meat with those big tubes on his mouth. Do you think my son wanted it to happen? No!" My mother answered her in deep pain. I held my mother's hand and she smiled at me. She is strong for still smiling despite of what is happening to her son.

Binalingan ko naman ng pansin ang mommy ni Ate Shaira na humuhupa na ang galit dahil sa pag- aalo ng asawa niya sa kaniya.

"We're truly for your loss. Your loss is our loss too. Ate Shaira is been an older sister I never had. She was been a daughter to my parents because we love her that much and my brother to yours too. Their love for each other is so strong even until death they faced them together, but unfortunately they got separated, but it doesn't mean that they intended to harm each other. For sure you can attest to that because every family meeting we enjoy telling stories about their love to each other, but why blaming my brother for something he didn't intend to do?" Madamdaming turan ko sa kaniya. Bigla siyang nanahimik sa sinabi ko kahit yung asawa niya.

"Stop blaming him for that, for sure when my brother hopefully wakes up, una niyang hahanapin ang taong mahal niya, and when he will learn that she's gone, he will surely blame himself for that loss. I know that because I am a sole witness to their fidelity. No one wish this accident to happen. Do you think Ate Shaira will like that we are fighting about this?" Deretchong kong saad sa kaniya.