Chapter Seventeen

Confrontations

Instead of going to my room, I immediately run outside and climb up to my car. I heard my mom calls but I ignored it.

Di ako makakatulog kapag di mawala- wala ito sa aking isip. I know confrontations can be stressful but because I believe that prolonging the agony, will just make you more anxious. That's why I always ask.

My hands on the steering wheel are trembling. I am done of this fucking reading between the lines at yung magpapasa- pasa. I am mad of my brother because if he truly cares to me, he will say it out loud and spare me nothing, but he chose to say 'it is not my story to tell', then why the hell did you bring it up! . I don't get people who does that! Yung naumpisahan nila tapos di naman nila kayang tapusin.

Tsk! Kainis!

I tried calling Adi while I am driving but his phone is just keep on ringing.

"Dammit!" Nabato ko ang cellphone sa passenger seat. I am beyond irritated right now.

Magkahalong kaba at inis ang nararamdaman ko ngayon.

If He somehow related to Chester, then why do I care? He is someone in the past. I forgot what he did to me and besides it's too shallow of me to be resentful for petty things.

Gusto ko lang malaman kung bakit nakapaka big deal ng pagkarelated nila sa isa't- isa... that was what it bothers me. Why is my brother so blunt and stiff about his warnings?

Nakarating ako ng condo ng Adi na clouded ang pag- iisip. I need to let this out. I push the button of the elevator to his floor.

As soon as I got out the elevator, I saw him standing in front of his condo; facing his back to me. Hindi siya nag- iisa.. may kausap siyang babae at parang nagtatalo pa ata sila.

Since Adi's condo is near the exit, I hid from there. I know evesdropping is wrong but, something urged me to listen to them.

"What the hell Chandler, how long are you going to fool that woman?!" Sigaw sa kaniya ng babae. Bakas sa boses niya ang inis at galit.

But, who is she referring? Ako ba?

"Can you please go back to Boston Clarisse?!" Adi shouted back.

"No, I won't go back unless you are coming with me. You already fulfilled his last wish, mind stopping it and spare her for more pain!" She fired back.

"I won't leave her" biglang bumaba ang tono ni Adi.

"Why? Because you already loved her?" Tanong sa kaniya pabalik ng babae.

Confirmed, ako nga ang pinag- uusapan nila. Nakuyom ko ang aking kamao sa pagkainis sa mga naririnig ko ngayon sa kanila. All this time, niloloko niya lang pala ako?!

I bit my lower lip because of frustrations and anger.

I didn't heard Adi's voice now.

"Putcha Chandler, hindi mo pwede mahalin ang taong mahal ng kapatid mo! It's suicidal. In the first place kung hindi dahil sa kanya, hindi mo siya makilala!" Singhal sa kaniya ulit ng babae.

Who is his brother? Is it Chester?

"Oh my God!" I softly exhaled. I cover my mouth to supressed the feeling of heaviness in my chest.

If Chester is his Brother, where is Chester? And  why did she say , 'last wish?' Is he dying?

Lalong nanlaki ang mata ko sa mga katangunang nasa isip ko.

"Hindi ko siya mahal Clarise, she was just my brother's fulfilling wish" he said at last.

Nanlamig ang buong katawan ko sa narinig ko mula sa kaniya. Kusa nalang dumalusdos ako sa sahig at doon tahimik na humikbi. All along, ako lang ang nagmamahal sa amin.