t w e n t y 𐐪𐑂 e i g h t

"Are you sure you saw him?" Dick asked. I was fumbling with loose fabric around the hem of my sweater but stopped to look up at Dick. I shrugged my shoulders and rolled down my sleeves to bring some warmth onto my arms.

"I just told Tim yes" I groaned, "I met him at some party months ago" I finished quickly. I avoided making eye contact with Dick, afraid he'd ask me how i'm associated with this Jason kid.

"So? it could have been someone who looked like him" Cassandra offered, closing in on Tim who sat in front of the large computar screen. Tim clicked on a few tabs and revealed several tabs at once.

The small boxes revealed Jason's profile. There was security footage of him walking around, in some beating people up. As his face appeared once more on the screen I couldn't help but feel Dick walk to me and tower over my frame.

His hand laid on my hip and continuously ran up my waist and back down my hip. I looked up at him, ignoring Tim's frantic mumbling. I couldn't see the blue in Dicks eyes due to the dark lit room. Though I saw his head of hair sprinkled in grey ashes.

"If we don't stop him, who knows how dangerous he could get" Tim huffed. I pulled away from Dicks eyes and saw what Tim was talking about. A video of Jason with a hard cased mask popped up, the low quality of the video muffled gunshots coming from his weapon.

"He's not dangerous, just confused" Dick sighed walking up to Tim's side, his hand leaving my side. Dicks shoulders slouched viewing the moving images. It didn't take much to know he must've been close to him.

"Well, if she already meet him" Cassandra started,

"Then she can easily help us get to him" Tim finished typing away at his keyboard, the screen changing.

"Jason was always one to fall victim to a pretty girl" Tim whispered into his hand. I heard what he said and quickly dismissed it, walking up to Cassandra who was carefully examining Jason's video.

"That depends, how close did you get to him at this party" Cassandra smirked, jabbing my ribs with her elbow. Her arms now crossed in front of her chest. I felt my self go red, my palms grew clammy. I avoided looking at Dick who was still behind me and asked Cassandra:

"What is he to you anyways?". Ashamed of my past history with him, I felt my foot tap
anxiously on the ground. Tim responded to my question instead and said an old friend, right before pulling up a electronic blueprint.

"She is not doing any of our dirty work" Dick retorted having caught sight of what Tim was thinking. Dick gave Tim a slight hit to the back of his neck as to try and threaten him.

"She's done enough" Dick said walking towards me, "I think it's time to go" Dick whispered. I looked back and before I could resist, he grabbed onto my bicep and dragged me away from the others.

"Tim said I could help" I argued, pulling my arm back. I stepped back a little and took a few glances at the computer before staring back at the Nightwing symbol on Dicks chest.

"Tim doesn't know what he's messing with" Dick shouted, taking quick glances at my cheek which he had stitched up a few minutes ago.

"He's being predictable, it's obvious he's going straight for the clown" Tim concluded, spinning around in his chair. I wanted to say something but Dick had hugged my legs and threw me behind his shoulder before I could open my mouth again.

The world went upside down on me but I still could see Tim and Cassandra talking to each other. I hadn't known what Dicks idea of  getting rid of me was so I test patiently against his back knowing if I tried to free myself, it would only be a failed attempt.