t h i r t y 𐐪𐑂 t h r e e

I was awakened from my slumber as I felt someone lightly comb through my hair. I fluttered my eyes opened, a early morning sun blinded me. I tried to speak to the person next to me but was stopped by them speaking first.

"I think someone's here" Dicks morning voice rang through my ears. I turned around to face him and had to take a few seconds to think about what he said. His messy hair had fallen in front of his eyes and I saw his cheeks still puffy from last night. I was enjoying the moment until realization hit me.

"Shit, my uncle" I whispered back to Dick who sat up slightly. I grabbed the blanket on top of us both and covered my chest, sitting up frantically to look around for anything to cover myself with.

I found Dicks shirt under my pillow but knew that was too suspicious.

"Look away" I muttered to Dick, throwing the blanket on top of his head and sliding out my bed onto my floor. I reached for a sweater and pair of shorts I kicked under here. I quickly dressed and shoved a hair strand out of my mouth before standing up.

I took a look at Dick who was rubbing his eyes, my eyes trailed from behind his head and saw the dent in the wall my bed frame made last night from our third round.

"Shh" I ordered Dick, lifting a finger up to my lips. Dick nodded, stretching his arms out while yawning. I gave him a groggy smile before I walked to my door and unlocked it. I opened the door and quickly closed it behind me as I entered the hallway.

"Rory?" I heard my uncle say. I turned to face him and saw him in his business suit, his tie just barely hang onto his neck.

"You woke me up" I said as a matter of fact. I rubbed my face and stretched my limps walking to him. I saw him point at the pizza box on the counter. As he did so I caught glimpse of Dicks keys and wallet on the seat that was right behind him.

"I didn't think you liked Allisons pizza" Matt mumbled as he opened the box to reveal half eaten slices. I gave him a shrug and quickly walked towards the chair. I slipped Dicks belongings into my sweaters sleeve before Matt could see.

"I do now" I answered, my uncle giving me a side glance. Damn, why was he so good at reading people. I sighed lightly and went to ask him about his trip but he had talked quickly over me.

"Your hair" Matt pointed out, his hand unconsciously reaching out to touch my frizzy curls. I looked at him and used the sleeve that didn't have Dicks belongings to swat his hand away.

"You look more like her now" Matt whispered, smiling for a second before returning back to his usual frown. I ignored what he said, shifting slightly at the uncomfortable tension he placed in between us. I knew I looked like my mom. I didn't need to be told that, again.

"I think i'm going to start wearing it more like this" I informed him, excluding the part where Dicks compliment actually influenced my decision.

My uncle only nodded, taking off his blazer and tie.

"Go change, we're going out for breakfast" Matt announced. With no other thing said, I rushed into my room. I spilled Dicks belongings onto the bed as Dick walked out my bathroom. I turned to look and almost choked seeing him in only his boxers.

"I gotta leave, I'll give you the pin to the door so you can walk out after us" I quickly informed Dick, walking up to him. He lowered his head as we both gave each other a small peck on the lips before I rushed past him towards the bathroom.

As I finished getting ready, Dick had changed back into his clothes and sat patiently on the edge of my bed. I grabbed my necessities and began walking to the door but ran back to Dick.