t h i r t y 𐐪𐑂 f o u r

"Wait" I paused, my hands flying into the air to refrain Dick, Tim, or Cassandra from adding to the story I was being told. Tim sat in front of the large computer screens, turning around every so often in his swirling chair. Then there was Casandra who sat next to me on top of the railings from the sparring circle. Lastly, Dick leaned against the desk that spread beneath the computer screens, next to Tim.

"So the joker killed Jason, and then this guy named..." I stammered, my hands flying into the air, indicating how I lost my train of thought.

"Ra's ah Ghul" The three simultaneously reminded me.

"Right", I muttered, snapping my fingers, "that guy brought Jason back using this lazarus pit" I concluded from the very long storytime the three had given me.

"And as a result, Jason is pissed off that Bruce hasn't avenged his death," Cassandra told me, her hands combing through the ends of her hair. I watched as she stared into oblivion, also processing this whole story. I stared in the direction she faced and encountered the gray walls of the cave.

"I'd be pissed off too" I whispered to myself, my hands gripping tightly onto the rails I sat on. I looked up at Dick, trying to see what he thought of this whole situation. It seemed Dick saw my head turn as he lifted his gaze from the floor to my eyes.

I gave him a small, forced, smile. The guilt from an hour ago kept building up. How could I possibly come clean to him that I may, may not have hooked up with his adoptive brother.

I ended our eye contact and looked directly in front of me. We sat in silence. Cassandra's breathing was strangely comforting, better than listening to my irregular heartbeat. I decided to look over at Tim who was busy on the computer system.

I watched closely, seeing the screens display large downloading bars. I furrowed my eyes, confused as to what Tim was saving. Suddenly the lights coming from the computer screen began flashing. I blinked, hoping it would get rid of the sudden rays of color, instead it only caused my vision to become blurry.

I remained seated on top of the railing, but couldn't help feeling dizzier by the second, almost airheaded. I pinched the railings to prevent me from swaying but it became obvious as Cassandra asked if I was alright.

I got off the railing slowly, never letting go, afraid I would collapse. I nodded at her although I never looked her in the eye, causing her to get off the railing and awkwardly hold me up. Glad to see we were both very clueless human beings.

"Rory?" I heard Dicks concerned voice approach me. I tried to walk up to Tim by myself but Dicks overprotective stature had got hold of my hands making me feel like a toddler learning how to walk for the first time.

"I'm fine" I retorted, pulling away from Dick grasp. I looked at Cassandra and waved off her help as well. I groaned slightly at the pain I felt in my temple knowing I had a headache coming my way in the next few minutes.

"Do you have a blood pressure monitor?" I asked in a low tone, aiming for Tim as he knew I hated it when people overreacted when it came to my medical condition.

"We should have one down here" Tim responded to me, his face twisting into a concerned expression. The yellow lights that surrounded the ceiling of the cave began flashing in my vision only adding onto the headache.

"Tim, give her your seat" Dick requested as he walked up to me. Tim didn't hesitate and pushed the seat closer to me. I bit my lip in embarrassment and painfully took a seat. Just as I did so, Dick began running a hand down my hair, petting it.

I sighed lightly, closing my eyes. I felt my wrists go numb, and the nauseating sensation of being able to feel my blood creep through my veins caused a familiar lump to grow in my throat.