Our Child

Kim Taehyung is a marine engineer. His wife is named Kim Sohyun who is a nurse in a public hospital. They were married for 18 years with a 16-year old daughter named Yeona.

Taehyung is always not at home because his work is on the ocean. He maintains that the ship they were in is operating well. While Sohyun also is rarely seen at home because of her work but if she has time she always hangs out with her daughter. 

One day, Taehyung went home. Yeona is very happy so she invites her parents to go to an amusement park. They really had fun. 

Some days past, Yeona asked her parents if she could go on a field trip with her friends. 

They let her because it is a good opportunity for her to go to different places. 

While working at the hospital, Sohyun dropped a glass of water that the patient asked her to get. 

"I'm sorry Ma'am! I'll just get another one" She said. 

"Aigoo!! Those students were too young" one of the patients said. They were watching the news wherein a bus fell on a cliff. According to that news, they were still confirming the number of the casualties. 

Sohyun diverted her eyes on what those patients were watching. She was shocked that the bus that is referring to the news is the bus where her daughter is. 

Her legs feel limp. She doesn't know if what is happening is true. She and her husband just sent their daughter earlier. It is impossible that she is hurt or maybe she is dead. 

"Nurse Kim! Nurse Kim!"  One of the nurses called her in the ward.

"Yeo- Yeona is in the emergency room. She is already---"  Sohyun didn't let her co-worker finish what she is saying. She just immediately goes to the emergency room.

What she saw there was her only child now lifeless.  

"Yeona!! Yeona!! This is eomma! Please wake up sweetie. Do you want banana milk or strawberry milk? I'll call your appa!" When she is going to get her phone. She heard her husband's voice "Yeobo!" 

"Tae!! Yeona is not waking up!! Buy her favorite milk drink. I... I should not let her join the field trip. This is my fault. " She cried very hard on his arms.

A few days after, Taehyung and Sohyun came to the columbary. They put on a duck t-shirt.

Before Sohyun and Yeona were in the mall. They saw a family set of t-shirts with a duck design. Yeona really wants to buy that but she doesn't have enough money. Sohyun noticed that but she saved money to buy that but now Yeona isn't able to wear it. 

A husband/wife who lost his/her wife/husband would be called a widow. A child who lost his/her parents would be called an orphan. But there were no words that can be called to a parent who lost their child. 

The End ❤💜

April 13,2021