Chapter 11 - Party

Third-Person POV

20th December 1996

Tilly had slipped on a beautiful green dress, her hair styled and makeup perfect. Draco stood at the door watching her get ready and wishes he could go with her.

"Last chance to come with me before I go a meet my date." Draco chuckles and shakes his head.

"Sorry, Love, wish I could, but I'm otherwise occupied. Who are you going with?" It occurred to Draco he never asked who Tilly is going with until now.

"An old friend of yours, Seth Blackwell. I ran into him the other week, and he offered to be my date." Draco clenches his jaw and fists; he hated Seth, and with good reason. Draco knew the boy through their Fathers years ago, but when Draco heard how Seth would speak of women, in particular Tilly, he cut Seth off and never saw him again. "Weird how I have seen him in years, and yet he's in our year and house." Tilly laughs, unaware of the panicking Draco.

"Till, just be careful tonight. Send for me if you have to, alright." Draco leans down and kisses Tilly forehead.

Seth is waiting for Tilly when she comes down with Draco. Seth takes Tilly's arms and goes to walk out when Draco calls him over.

"Draco Malfoy, long time no see." Seth chuckles darkly.

"You know why. Let's cut to the chase, don't touch my girl; I'm letting her go with you, so she's not the only one without a date, but I swear, if you hurt her, I'll end you." Draco glares at the boy, who still has a slightly smug smile on his lips.

"What's the matter, Malfoy, worried she'll like me?" Seth smile turns into a grin. "I've always loved Tilly, but now her bodies even more appealing. Sorry if she comes back with a few bruises." The boy's gin grows, and Draco can't do this.

"Till," He goes over to Tilly, who's waiting by the door. "You shouldn't go with him."

"It's too late to find someone else unless you are going to come with me," Tilly says, looking behind Draco and smiling at Seth. "We'll be fine. Try not to get so jealous; he's your friend you can trust him." Tilly grabs Seth's hand, and they wave goodbye to Draco. That's just it; I can't trust him. Draco thinks as he plans how to keep an eye on them.

Seth and Tilly started to walk to the party and found Harry and Luna on the way and walk with them, but none of them notices Draco, who's following and sits on a ledge to keep a close eye on Tilly and Seth. Once he watched them go into the party, Draco made his way to the Vanishing Cabinet. He places an apple inside and says the phase to pass the fruit to the twin sister. He opens the door and smile when he sees the apple gone. He does it once more and finds the apple back, but with a bite taken out of it. Draco is thrilled he's getting somewhere.

Tilly takes some photos with Harry and Horace, then talks to Neville, but finds Hermione hiding behind the curtain and goes with Harry to find out why.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to escape from Cormac," Hermione answers Tilly's question.

"You brought Cormac!" Harry says in disbelief.

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most." Hermione justifies as a waiter comes around with some discussing food.

"Dragon Tartare?" The three shake their heads. "Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath." After hearing that, Hermione grabs the whole plate and begins to shove them down her throat, hoping that the smell keeps Cormac at bay.

Tilly and Harry watch as their friend runs off as Cormac finds them.

"Slippery little minx, your friend. Like to work her mouth too, doesn't she?" Tilly doesn't like what Cormac says, so she offers him some of the Dragon they had left. "What is it I'm eating, by the way?" Tilly and Harry smile wickedly at each other.