four

harry sat down on louis' bed, waiting on the boy to get back. they had finally arrived at louis' house and louis asked harry to wait for him upstairs, so he did.

he loved louis' room, the walls were painted black and the dressers were a dark brown. the bed sheets were a navy blue color and felt soft. there were a few pictures on one of the dresser and harry got up, picking the picture up and looking at it.

it was a picture with four girls, who harry assumed to be louis, a woman and a man. they all looked so happy, cheerful.

harry loved the way louis' eyes crinkled at the sides whenever he smiled, it was probably one of the most adorable things harry had ever seen. he also loved how his fringe went across his face perfectly.

he was beautiful.

harry didn't seem to understand why louis would ever hurt himself, but he knew that we would do whatever it took to make him happy. no one deserves to be sad, the world can be a beautiful place, you just have to accept it sometimes.

"what are you doing?" louis asked, quickly taking the picture away from him, holding it close to his chest. he shook his head and backed away from harry.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to upset you. i was just looking." harry sighed, that was true, he was just looking at the pictures, although, he didn't understand why louis was being so overly protective over the picture.

"just.. don't touch it, please." louis said, sticking the picture in a small nightstand beside his bed. on top of it was a little black lamp and harry wondered why most of his stuff was black.

louis sat down on the bed and crossed his legs, tugging down on his sleeves as harry stared at him.

harry just sighed, taking a seat next to louis and pulling him closer into a bear hug.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to upset you." harry said, gently rubbing louis' shoulder.

louis didn't say anything, instead, he twirled his fingers around the lace of his jacket, tensing up whenever harry touched him.

"can you please explain to me why you would do this to yourself?" harry asked and went to pull up louis' sleeve but louis pushed him away, moving to the other side of the bed.

"you wouldn't understand." louis sniffled, and harry hated seeing him like this, but usually the kindest people are the unhappy ones.

"maybe i would understand if you'd explain it to me." harry replied, watching as louis shifted uncomfortable under harry's gaze.

"it's just so hard." louis whimpered, wrapping his arms around his waist tightly and pulling his legs up the his chest, but, whenever harry moved closer to comfort him, louis just backed away.

"tell me what's hard, louis, please. I wanna help you but i can't if won't try with me." harry said calmy, closing his eyes slowly, only to reopen them a few seconds later.

"it's just.." louis covered his face with his hands, "everything feels wrong right now and i'm so confused."

harry sighed while watching the boy, he looked so miserable and all harry wanted to do was help him, to comfort him. he hated how louis' shoulders shook every time he made a whimpering sound.

"how about this, you can tell me about your childhood and i can try to help." harry offered, slowly moving closer, just for louis to move over some more and started to shake his head.

"i'm sorry, i don't feel comfortable with telling you that stuff." louis frowned, which made harry frown too, mostly because he just wanted to help, although it seemed like at the moment, that would be impossible.

"would you like for me to spend the night?" harry asked, tilting his head to the side a bit like a confused puppy.

louis looked as if he was in deep thought for a while, biting his lip until a few drops of blood fell from it. harry grabbed a tissue from louis' nightstand, gently wiping his lip off and throwing the tissue away.

"i guess, but you don't have to, I know you're only saying it because you pity me." louis sighed and harry shook his head, wrapping an arm back around him.

"no i dont, I actually think your amazing and quite adorable." harry said, watching as louis' eyes twinkled a bit with the lighting in the room and the tears in his eyes.

and wow, harry thought louis was so beautiful.

stunning, amazing, perfect, smart, amazing, spontaneous, gorgeous, beautiful, cute, and so many other things came to harry's mind whenever he looked at louis.

because to him, louis was an angel.