twenty

"we have bad news.."

harry could've sworn he felt his heart breaking into a thousand pieces and then stab him over and over again.

yet, he still had hope.

he had hope louis was alright, hope that soon, he would be okay. because he knew louis, he was strong, possibly the strongest person he knew.

louis made it this far and he sure as hell wasn't about to let him give up now, as long as he had a say in it.

"what is it?" niall asked, biting nervously on his nails. it was a habit o his, harry only knew this because his friend, zayn, also bit his nails.

he found it quite disgusting tho, considering all the germs that are under your nails would be going into your mouth.

"well, he's alive, breathing perfectly, and his hearts still beating." the doctor said, looking at her clipboard and taking a deep breath.

"problem is, he's in a coma and we don't know how long it'll take until he wakes up."

it was then that Harry's world started crumbling down, right in front of him, and he couldn't do anything about it.

he sat there, a blank expression covering his usually happy face. he just couldn't be happy right now, not whenever he knew that the person he loved was in danger, whenever they could even possibly die.

this was a life or death matter.

"you may go back there and see him, if you'd like. but please, one person at a time."

they all nodded, harry went ahead and went in before everyone else. he wanted to see louis more than anyone else so he was determined to see him first.

he say down beside louis' bed, quietly pulling a chair closer to the side of the bed.

"why..?" he sighed, grabbing louis' hand and turning it over so he could see the bandages on his wrist.

"why would you do this to yourself? you're so fucking beautiful and you're slowly ruining yourself. you could've talked to me.. you knew i was there for you!" he wiped away the tears that were going down his face.

he had to be strong, for louis.

he ran his fingers over the bandages, frowning as he did so. he was really pale, his lips were slightly parted and his breathing seemed as if it were decreasing every minute.

he wished louis could talk to him, or would have at least talked to him.

but he knew he couldn't blame louis, he was in pain and he just wanted it all to end.

he remember how whenever harry was sad, louis would always sing to him. and this time it was harrys turn.

he hummed softly, leaning in closely to he could sing quietly to louis without anyone hearing him.

"pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel, like your less than, less than perfect."

he gently ran his thumb across louis' jaw, running it down until it reached his lips.

"pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel, like you're nothing, you are perfect, to me"

he placed a small kiss behind louis' ear and kept placing kisses until he reached his shoulder.

"i love you louis, so much."

***

this story and i have a lot in common, were both full of disappointments.