𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄.

𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄.

❝ puberty?! ❞

"SHIT!"

Brown eyes looked up to the screen in front of them, a giggle leaving pink lips as the girl watched Tony Stark fly up to the HYDRA base, his suit hitting a force field.

"Language!" Steve Rogers scolded, mindful of the teenager listening through the comms. "JARVIS, Ana, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield." The red-haired girl started, spinning around in her chair as she analysed different perspectives of the base. JARVIS projected a technological image of a hand, which the girl high-fived.

"Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."

A year had passed since the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D, but a few insects called HYDRA remained. Including Rasputin, which Ana so distastefully discovered. That led to the current situation of the Avengers infiltrating and taking down as many bases as possible – the one they were now breaking into was located in Sokovia, and happened to contain Loki's sceptre. The girl, still being quite young, was not allowed to be on the field despite her superhuman abilities. Instead, she called herself 'the girl in the chair', which consisted of her sitting in the Quinjet and providing the adults with information.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said "language?"" The billionaire recalled, causing the star-spangled hero to sigh.

"I know." Steve threw his bike at a group of soldiers driving up in their truck. "It just slipped out."

Natasha chipped in, her voice scornful and protective. "I'd appreciate it if you boys didn't swear around my kid."

"Mom, I'm already fourteen!"

A few days after the fight at the Triskelion, the Avengers – and Ana, had gathered at the Tower. At first, the other adults burst into an outrage at Steve's injuries and the girl's bandaged arm before it was all explained.

"Um," Ana cleared her throat, looking to her mother for encouragement. The latter nodded at her daughter, catching the Avengers' attention. "I, uh, I found my mother during this mission."