Chapter Thirty One

"Come with me to dinner, this night, well it not a business dinner or meeting, a friend of mine just made one hell of a breakthrough with his company and he is celebrating it with a big dinner, I want you with me, please Amber will you ?" My breath and my voice where are you ? I needed to answer his question, "But I do not have anything to wear?" he brought his nose to mine and rubbed them together.

"Do not worry I got you covered." then he kissed my lips and bit onto my lower lip, "I will finish what I started this night and I will help with the sounds and noises."

We had a cold breakfast and I didn't mind, although I wouldn't advise anyone to have a cold breakfast. I cleared the dishes and helped him wash off since he did the cooking and then went to work, but my mind couldn't focus not after what he did to me, so I walked out on the grass barefoot and admired the beauty that was the forest surrounding his home, the nature and the way the rabbits hopped around remained me so much of my favourite childhood cartoon Winne The Pooh and Christopher Robins Childhood Neighbourhood.

He had come out after watching me for sometime and wrapped his hands around me, and I had leaned onto him not saying anything but feeling peaceful. I felt like I had it all and more with him around, he wasn't harsh or angry or mad but peaceful, I would say he changed from the man he was then to a different man he is now, he took me into his painting room and showed me different kinds of paints and brushes, then he sat me down on a stool with some paint and asked me to draw "anything that comes to my mind", I wasn't really much of an artist but I did draw and he did the same.

By the end of the day we were done I showed him my painting of green trees, wild flowers and horses in an open field grazing, he was impressed and then he showed me his painting, of me sitting there on a stool with a paint brush looking outside and thinking of what to draw, the drawing was so perfect that he even got the touch of green on my cheeks from the paint and my messy hair. He placed both paints on the wall and Isabelle decided it was time to draw so she sat down with colours and paper all over the floor and tried with all her might to draw both paintings.

I tacked her that night in bed and kissed her goodnight and she whispered into my ears "I love you mummy" in those moments I let my heart believe not that it was a lie but it could be true, to be honest I didn't know where I stood. Was I with him or was I not? Was I his girlfriend or not? Was he planning on making me his wife or not? He had never told me he loved or even liked me, the only things he ever told me were "Amber your beauty is bewitching" or "Amber you have an amazing body" maybe I was over reacting, maybe he would tell me he loved me soon but just didn't know how to say it. I was sure of my feelings for him, yes I was in love with him.

I stood in front of the mirror , my black long hair to the side, I had on the most beautiful cream dress, it hugged my body and brought out my shape in more ways than my nude self did, it was an off shoulder and had a long slit by the left up to my thigh a few inches above my knee, and black heels to compliment my look, I applied some make up. I wanted to look gorgeous for him. I walked down the stairs and the look he gave me made my heart fly, he was handsome, he wore a dark blue tuxedo, and black shoes. He watched me with every move and every step I made down the stairs.

He placed a kiss on my hand once I was in reach, "I have never seen anyone with the most alluring set of brown eyes as you Amber, you look stunning." I blushed all colours before reaching red, he placed a heart shaped diamond neckless around my neck, ah, I sighed inwardly, the advantage of being rich.

The ride to The Magnifique Restaurant took nothing more than thirty minutes. It was one of the most exquisite and expensive restaurants in the entire country, a place where money was spent. The food was good it got good reviews but the food at Benny's was better. Here the waiters were tipped according to the expense you made while eating and if a customer had a foul attitude well, it wouldnt end well for the person because the waiters would do all in their power to get extra cash from you because of your foul behaviour, I didn't complain, usually I wouldn't walk into or eat from and in such restaurants I was only a guest to a guest. The driver dropped us at the entrance of the restaurant, Mr Brayden had a protective arm around my waist showing all, "back off she is mine and mine alone."

The interior of the restaurant was decorated with gold and black, a touch of red here and there and some white in a certain places, the chandeliers provided enough light to set the room in an amazing glow, they had turned the place into an event centre and not the restaurant that it was. "Yup a place for rich people."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------