09 | Proposal

09 | Proposal

Calum | POV

It's been a week since Mia last talked to me. Whenever we passed each other I would smile at her and she would just nod. Maybe I hurt her over her apology, or the cookies. But I already apologized for that and she said it was okay and it was her fault anyway. So why is she being weird?

I walked in the library for some peace and quiet. I had a big exam coming up and I needed to do my best,  and my father isn't helping. He notified me of a new mission he's yet to discuss with me. I sat on the table and started reviewing the chapters. 

"There you are!" I crease my eyebrows at the loud voice. A brunette girl walks in the library and I follow her direction. To my surprise, Mia was in the library too. Apparently the brunette was looking for her. Mia sees me, and that's just it, she just sees me. She doesn't smile, doesn't nod, doesn't walk my way. 

I try to shake the thought of her and concentrate on my book, whispering the words as I read, "Truth is based from the.." Look my way. "..facts but facts themselves..." Look my way. "..facts themselves are not true.." I steal a glance, she doesn't look at me. "..they simply are."

Ah, fuck it. I mentally cussed. I grab my things and walk to her table. She looks away when she sees me walking towards her. "I need to talk to you." I grab her books and her bag, and of course, her hand. I pulled her alongside me as we walked out of the library. "The only reason why I'm not kicking your balls right now is because we're in the library and I don't want to cause a scene." She hissed. 

We were already getting weird looks from the other students, even some of the staff. When we were outside, She swiftly takes her things from me and knees me in the groin. The numbing pain jolted through my body as I clutch the area. "H-Holy. Mia!" I growl at her. She tries to keep a straight face, little more and she's going to break into a smile. 

"For my cookies." She snobs, turning and walking away. "Mia!" I call out, slowly recovering from the pain. She ignores. "Alright! Alright! I'll tutor you, God!" I frustratingly stated. She halted, slowly turning around to face me. "What did you say?" She smiles. I nod. We talked with out voices extra loud since we were several meters apart. 

"Come by my house tomorrow. 9 in the morning. Don't be late or i'm changing my mind!" I tell her before walking away, fast. 

"Wait! What time was it again?!" I hear her call me but I was too annoyed to turn around. She actually did it?! I thought she was all talk, she actually kicked my—that little nuisance. I felt a hand grab my shoulder, "Are you deaf? I said nine in the morning, my house. God, Mia." I complained without looking back to face her. 

"It's me, Cal." I quickly turned around. Shit. "Sophia, I—" She stops me. "It's okay, we aren't really together—" I cut her off. "No, no. It's not what you think, I'm meeting Mia bec—" She holds my hand. "I knew you couldn't wait for me, it was stupid of me to expect it from you." She frowns and walks away. 

I catch up to her, I held her wrist and pulled her to my chest. "Sophia, you know I love you, and you know that I will wait for you." I whispered. She pushes away, "Like how you'll wait for Mia tomorrow?" She scoffs, shakes her head, and walks away. 

***

"I am not your mother, why do I have to do this for you every fucking time." I hear Michael mutter as he presses the button, causing my car to roar to life. I was too drunk to drive, again. "Your father will beat us up when he finds out we got into another fight." He hisses. 

Michael rambles on but I could barely make up the words. My vision started to sway and I close my eyes. 

***