19 | Infamous Duo

19 | Infamous Duo

Harry helps me off my leather jacket and I take it from him. My hands were shaking all the way to an undisclosed location. We were all going to leave tonight, they're finally sending me back to the United States by my father's order, but there had been sudden change of plans. 

"Don't be scared." He says, giving my hand a squeeze before pulling me into a hug. They stung Calum with a sedative. Calum was Mafia. 

He was sent to kill me. 

"I'm sorry, if I found out sooner, I would've not let you go see him." Harry says softy, his hand caressing the back my head. Calum had a gun, he was going to shoot me.

There was a knock on the door and Harry and I let go of each other, but I was holding his hand so tight. "Harry." Ashton says and as if on cue, Harry gives me a light kiss on the forehead and walks to Ashton. 

I let out a shaky breath as I sat on the edge of the bed. But he kissed me.

My body is all tingly after the mixed emotions, my feelings are going haywire. I think about the kiss, his soft lips, and how it made my body feel so light and giddy. For a moment I thought I cracked a smile. But he had a gun and he was going to kill me.

I suddenly feel so dizzy. Harry's hand on my shoulder shakes me from my own thoughts. "I'll be back, you'll be safe here. There are security waiting outside." He gives me a smile and I feel grateful that Harry is around. 

When the door clicks closed, I lie on the bed, staring at the ceiling. 

Suddenly a feeling of anger rushes through me. Does this mean that Calum befriended me for a purpose? That this was all fake? This was his scheme, I was his mission, and he was going to finish it—me.

I got up, walked to the mirror and examined myself. I tied my hair into a high ponytail and flattened the wrinkles of my thin white shirt. I took a deep breath. 

Show him you're not scared, Mia. Show him that he's already defeated.

I walked out of the room to look for Ash and Harry, luckily they didn't get that far yet. "Ashton!" I call out and both of them turns around. I jog up to them. "Are you going to see Calum?" I ask and Ash looks at Harry for a moment. 

Taking it as a yes, I said, "Take me with you. I want to see him." I say and walked ahead of them, even if I had no idea where the hell they put Calum.

I hear footsteps behind me and Harry's arm around my shoulder. "This way." I look up at him, surprised that he didn't stop me.. instead, he had a smile on his face that tells me he's happy I came along. 

I reach to hold Harry's hand dangling on my shoulder and I gave it a soft squeeze. 

To top off this Calum drama, I don't know how to define Harry and I. We are in a relationship, a play pretend relationship, because he was supposed to watch over me in school without people being suspicious.