10 | Title.

10 | Title.

Mia | POV

"Are you sure he's coming?" Angus asks as he reads the morning papers. I nodded. "This is unlikely of you." He teases. I told Angus he doesn't have to drive me to school because Calum was going to pick me up. 

My proposition to Calum? I make Sophia jealous, Sophia takes him back, and all Calum has to do is continue tutoring me. We weren't going to pretend like we're together, because in that case Sophia would think Calum doesn't love her anymore. So I told Calum to suck up to it and pretend that we've grown close after a few tutor sessions. 

"What is unlikely?" I ask him, I was seated on the couch, flipping through random channels. He puts down the newspaper and looks at me. "You making friends, needless to say helping them." He laughs, shaking his head.  I clicked my tongue and gave him a face. "I have to survive school you know? Calum has to teach me stuff." 

Angus knows about my proposition to Calum, Angus and I are an open book. If he wants to keep me safe, he has to know everything. Angus joked about it saying it's the closest I can get to having a boyfriend. Which is true, it's difficult for me to actually meet and date someone when i'm too busy hiding who I really am.

He rolls his eyes. "What a dad." I joked and we laughed. "Oh, before I forget, Ashton's visiting over next weekend." he says and I immediately smiled. Before I can say anything else, the doorbell rings. "Guess your ride's here." He says, putting the paper down and walks to me. I put my arm around his shoulders as he supports me. 

My wounds from the glass shards are still quite fresh, and I won't lie when I say Angus panicked when he found out, because Ashton would fire him even if we both know Ashton wouldn't. 

When Angus opens the door, Calum was standing there patiently. "Good morning." Calum nodded at Angus, who returns the favor. "Let's gooooo." I swung my bag on my shoulder and walked to Calum's car. 

"Good luck with project Sophia!" Angus says to the both of us and we waved off. 

"How is your dad okay with everything?" Calum laughs and I shrug. "We just kinda roll like that." I tell him, taking my phone out and sending my brother a quick text. 

"Do you think Sophia would buy it?" He nervously asks and I gave him an expression like I was insulted. "I am a drama major, you don't doubt a drama major." I told him and he laughs. 

***

"She's arriving any minute now." Calum taps on the steering wheel. We were already parked but we waited until Sophia arrives so we could officially start Project Sophia. 

"There she is." He says as a black car parks on the other side. "Come on." he says as he turns the engine off and gets out the car. He runs to my side and opens the door. Sophia seemed to notice, of course, Calum's trying to make loud noises as much as possible and it makes me want to laugh at how lame he is. 

When I step out of the car, he takes my bag and swung it over his own shoulders. I whispered to him, "The bag suits you." I joked and he nudges my rib. "Ow!" I whispered. I put my arm around his shoulders, because acting or not, I really needed the help. I couldn't walk normally on my own because stepping my foot flat on the floor makes it hurt a lot.

I can feel Sophie watching us from behind. Calum's hand snakes around my waist and I twitch the slightest. I leaned in carefully to whisper, "Don't. It tickles." I say and he laughs, tightening his hold around my waist and I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. "Fuck you, Calum." I whispered, extra low so Sophia wouldn't hear. 

When we were already in my building, Sophia walks past us. "Excuse me." She says simply and I can tell Calum wanted to let go of me instantly and go after her but I stop him. "Don't be so easy, play hard to get, geez." I gave him a look and he raises his brows. I let go of him and he lets go of me too. He sighs. "Okay, now that she's gone, guess i'm going too." He says, patting my shoulders.