01 | Bachelor of Creative Arts

01 |  Bachelor of Creative Arts

Mia | POV

"Bye, Gus." I tell him and he raises his knuckles for a brofist. 

Our knuckles bumped and before I stepped out of the car, he tells me, "Psychology, alright? Don't do anything that will upset the President." He gives me a look. 

"Yeah, yeah." I waved off. 

Angus is my stage dad. Sometimes I consider him as my own father, even. When father sent me away, he appointed Gus to be in his position, so I basically grew up with Angus being my fake dad.

He didn't really like the name 'Gus', because I got the name from a mouse. Since I was really young when father sent me to Angus, we would spend most of our time watching Disney movies. Cinderella was one of my favorite movies, and there happened to be a character named Gus-gus.

I paused the movie, where the screen focused on a fat mouse.

"I'm going to start calling you Gus-gus." I tell him, pointing at the chubby mouse in a yellow shirt. 

"You're naming me after a mouse?" Uncle Gus says. "That's awful."

I stretched my tiny arm and reached for his hair, giving him a pat. 

"But he's not just any other mouse, he's a Disney mouse! You should feel special." I smiled.

He laughs and hands me my stuffed animal. "Whatever you say, little girl." He shakes his head.

I was 5. I smiled, remembering how long he'd been my dad.

I walked my way to the office and enrolled myself. After an hour or so, I was officially a student of Deakin University.

"Hey, miss Roux?" A brunette comes over to me as I make my way out the office. 

I turned to face her. "Yeah?"

"You forgot your class schedule." She hands the paper to me. I smile and took it. 

"Thanks." I walked towards the door again, but she catches up to me. 

She stands in front of me and extends her hand. "I'm Camille, by the way." She beams. 

I mentally curse for not introducing myself earlier. 

We shook hands. "I'm Mia."

We exited the office together. "I'm sorry for not introducing myself earlier." I nervously laugh. "First day jitters." I shrugged. 

Lie. I'm way over first day jitters, after transferring to several schools. I've grown accustomed to not making any friends. It's emotionally easier to leave a place when you're not attached to anyone.

She holds her books to her chest and lightly bumps my arm with her shoulders. "It's okay, most of the new students forget to claim their schedules after enrolling."

I said nothing but smiled. 

"We actually have a few classes together." She says as a matter of fact. She looks at my schedule. "We have the same subject for the first period, let's go together." She grins and I nod. "Sure, I could use a tour guide." I joked but she doesn't notice. 

Calum | POV

Finally.

I can already imagine walking up the stage and receiving my diploma. I may seem like I don't care about school at all, but I do. 

Bad boy for the night, nerd by the day. 

"Fighting isn't the only thing you have to be good at, you have to be smarter than the enemy."