28 | Found

28 | Found

I was up all night thinking. Thinking about what to do next. I can't stay here forever.

The longer I stay, the harder Ashton will look for me, and I know eventually he's going to find this place.

I can't brush Calum off my thoughts either, I can't face him right now. I'm too ashamed for throwing myself at him last night.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I got out of bed, arranged the sheets and fluffed the pillows. I walked to the balcony and took a deep breath of the fresh air.

The breeze touches my skin and I rub my hands together, then I realized I was wearing Calum's sweater and his sweatpants.

I felt a light squeeze in my heart when I remembered last night. He doesn't love me. I should just shake it off, I don't have feelings for him either anyway.

Whatever, I just want to get out of his clothes.

When I peeped through the door, the living room was empty. On the front door was a note.

I walked towards it and peeled it off the wood.

Sorry about last night. I just want you to know that I do care about you.

There's that uneasy feeling in my chest again. I crumpled the piece of paper and tossed it into the bin.

On my way back to my place, Madison sees me. "Mia!" She jogs towards me.

"Hey." I said to her without stopping. She walks by my side.

"Did you sleep over Calum's place?" She asks, utterly surprised. "You're wearing his clothes." She says.

I was carrying the clothes I was wearing yesterday. "I didn't want to sleep in this." I show her the egg-stained dress.

She scrunches her nose at the smell. "Eek. How did you end up in his house, anyway?"

Can she stop asking questions?

"Long story." I said. She shrugs. "Make it short?" She suggests.

I sigh. "I fell asleep on the beach, he took me in since it's closer than where i'm staying."

She nods. "Oh."

"Oh! Before I forget, we're going to help build some new village houses, wanna come and help?" She asks with pleading eyes.

I forced a smile. "Sure." She gleams. "Yay! Meet me in the dock when you're ready!" She waves and leaves.

This is not a good morning.

Washed my face and changed into a dress which again, Madison prepared for me. It was a white three-fourth sleeved skater dress. She prepared a floral combat boot along with it.

I tied my hair up in a bun and left the place.

I've stayed in this island for almost a week now, and this time I can go around without having to look at the hand drawn map Madison gave me.

When I was close to the docks, I noticed another yacht coming this way. I stood by and watched as they anchored and disembarked.

My eyes grew wide when I saw Sophia. "What is she doing here?" I whispered to myself.

"Sophia, darling." I looked to the right and saw Calum's father welcome her. She smiles. "Great day to finish a mission." She laughs, giving a small salute to Calum's father.

"My son has been anticipating for your arrival." He says and I took a step back.

"He came to me this morning and asked about you." He says.