32 | Mess

this chapter is dedicated to cakeadventures! thank you for always being the first few commenters, i love you so much and all your support is amazing. thank you for being so interactive you cutiepatootie. this is all yours :')

32 | Mess

I was awake.

As weird as it sounds, I've grown accustomed to waking up in this room. I held my hands together and stretched my arms over my head.

I stare at a painting of a village across my bed. I sighed, remembering Calum.

I should have told him how I felt when we were back in the village. I feel a knot in my stomach as I remember the incident in the shower.

I closed my eyes and breathe.

"Is she awake?" I opened my eyes as I hear Blue's voice from outside.

Moving the blanket away, I got off the bed and walked towards the sliding door.

Blue's face lights up as he sees me. "Good morning." He smiles. He wasn't in his usual get-up, this time he was just in a simple white shirt and blue jeans.

"Good morning." I smile. "How are you feeling?" I ask him, pushing the door further so he can enter.

He signals Haru and Miko to stay outside as he slides the door closed.

We sat on the floor.

"Feeling better." He says and I nod. "Next time, when a bullet comes after me, leave it. Trust me, you'd be doing me a favor." I say.

"Here." He says before handing me a paper bag. "I bought you some clothes, your maids have been telling me that you've been complaining about that." He says while pointing at the kimono he makes me wear all the time.

"Thanks." I take it.

He brought a white knitted pullover and black skinny jeans.

"White floral combat boots?" I raised my eyebrows at him. He shrugs. "I was supposed to give that to Sophia before everything else happened. Looks about your size." He says before standing up.

"See you at breakfast." He smiles and walks out.

"So..how did your appointment go?" I asked.

He paused chewing his food for a moment. He looks at me briefly before chewing again.

I cleared my throat. Why does it feel like the tables have turned? I'm the one reaching out and he's the one who's trying to ignore all my questions.

I was done with breakfast so all I did was trying to start up a conversation.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked again.

I frowned. "Wow, so this is how it feels when I ignore all your questions." I say, tilting my head.

He looks up at me and smiles.

"Here." I moved his glass of water closer to him and he takes it.

I don't know if i'm being kind because i'm almost considering him as an actual human being or if I'm being kind because I pity him.

He wipes his mouth with a napkin before speaking.

"Let's go for a walk." He says and stands up.

I follow behind him. "But your garden is this way." I grab onto his shirt as I started to walk towards the garden.

He takes my wrists and drags me with him. "In town." He says.