A Knight

Liza gasped for air in disbelief. She stayed in his arms while they looked at each other for an extended period. Forgetting everything else at habang patagal nang patagal ay nalulunod siya sa mga titig nito.

Dalawang taon na rin ang nakalilipas ng huli niyang nakita si Harry sa kanyang fourteenth birthday party sa England. Kulang na nga lang eh ipagtulakan niya ang sarili niya rito ngunit tila wala itong pakealam. Ni hindi siya nito pinansin. Ilang gabi rin siyang naghimutok dahil doon.

At ngayon ay bigla na lang itong sumulpot sa kanilang bahay at sa ikalawang pagkakataon ay muli siya nitong sinagip mula sa kapahamakan. Lakas maka super hero ni Harry.

The kitten squealed and leaped out of her arms, and continued walking as if nothing had occurred. Ungrateful piece of arse! Lihim na himutok ni Liza sa walang utang na loob na pusa.

Then Harry added wryly, "So you risked yourself for an animal with nine lives. Like when you saved your French doll and almost drowned." he said and raised a brow. "Really, pumpkin?"

Siguro ay gulat pa rin si Liza dahil hindi pa rin niya makuhang magsalita. Nakanganga pa rin siya habang nakatitig lang sa binata.

"Harry? Liza?" It was her Fathers' voice.

Pareho silang napalingon sa tatlong tao na nakatingin sa kanila. Ang mag-asawang Mortoni at isang dalaga na hindi pamilyar kay Liza ang naroon. A giant question mark appeared on their faces as they waited for an explanation.

With a sigh, Harry set Liza down and tucked a stray strand of her hair behind her ears.

Liza silently wished she could read his eyes. She can see so much of him in it.

"Well, your bratty daughter was helping a kitten up in the tree when she slipped and fell off a broken ladder. I arrived just in time to prevent disaster."

Napasinghap ang mag-asawang Mortoni sa nalaman.

"Liza!" her mother exclaimed, giving her daughter a stern look. Natampal naman ng daddy niya ang noo like he was saying, again? Really?

Then Harry and Ronwel looked at each other and shrugged. There is something by how they looked at each other na hindi matukoy ni Liza kung ano.

Her father smiled knowingly and shook his head involuntarily. "Liza, why don't you greet our visitor?" he said humorously.

Oh! Oo nga pala. Naiilang na nilingon ni Liza si Harry. "H-hello—H-hi," She stuttered. "T-thank you for saving me," she says in a barely audible whisper.

Harry smiled at her, showing his perfect, pang toothpaste commercial na ngipin and that simple action swept her off her feet.

His voice was deep and husky as he said, "It is my pleasure to be your knight, pumpkin,"

Behind her back, Liza buried her dirty hands. "I had no idea you were around." To collect herself, she murmured, "I thought y-you're in California?"

In shock, Harry grinned. "Really? You know where I stay?" He is both amused and shocked. "Anyway, I arrived here just two days ago. I ran into your dad at the golf course this morning by chance, and he encouraged me to come over for an early dinner," Then he joked. "How can I say no?"

Liza's hair is quite stubborn. Mahangin doon at ang ilang hibla ng kanyang buhok ay kumakawala sa braided niyang buhok. As if Harry couldn't resist, he again tucked strands of her hair behind her ears.

"You've got stubborn hair..." he whispered.

Her spine tingles at the sound of his voice and the slight touching of their skin. She blushed as she felt her hair stick up behind her neck. She is at a loss for words.