The Trapped 2

"Oh, I'm sorry, Liza, I'm unavailable this Saturday. You know we will visit grandpa at the hospital." Francine said.

"Me too. It's my parent's anniversary, and we will go out of town." Cassey said.

"I wish I could go, but you know naman that this Saturday is the launching of our new restaurant at Tarlac. I'm sorry." Belle said.

"I hate to say this, but I can't go with you either. This Saturday is the schedule for my gown fitting." Mary Gale said. Her debut will be next week, and she understands na masyado itong busy sa paghahanda.

Her four male friends aren't available too. Puspusan na kase ang practice nila ng basketball for the championship next week. Sa palagay ni Liza ay mag-isa lang siya na a-attend sa pool party ni Gerald. She smiled at her friends. "Don't worry, girls, I understand." Their reasons are valid and acceptable. Alam niyang sasamahan siya ng mga ito kung nagkataon lang na walang ginagawa ang mga ito.

"Are you sure you really wanna go there?" Mary Gale asked. "You don't have to if you're uncomfortable. I'm sure Gerald will understand."

"Oo nga." the others agreed.

"Naah." She shook her head. "I already said yes. Besides, I won't stay there for long," she said,

Naglalakad sila sa corridor papuntang cafeteria nang nakasalubong nila si Gerald na agad ngumiti nang malapad nang makita sila. "Hello, pretty ladies!" bati niya sa mga ito at nakangiting tinignan si Liza. "Don't forget my birthday party this Saturday, Liza. I will appreciate it if you will come," he said merrily.

Liza smiled. "Yeah, sure."

He smiled. "Thanks. Anyway, I have to go. My girlfriend is waiting for me."

"Alright, Gerald."

Then Gerald walks past them.

"I think he's over with you." Cassey noticed, and the rest of them nodded. "I'm happy for him."

"Yeah." Liza beamed. "He deserves to be happy."

Everyone deserves to be happy.

********

Today is Saturday, Gerald's birthday. His party will start at two in the afternoon. Liza instructed her driver to pick her up at six. She arrived at the party at exactly two in the afternoon, to Gerald's delight. Gerald's face lit up when he saw her walking in with a gift.

"Wow, Liza, I'm glad you came," he said as he walked to her.

Liza frowned. Something flickered in his eyes that brought unpleasant shivers to her spine. But she dismissed that thought.

"Happy Birthday," she said and kissed him on his cheek.

Gerald smiled. She saw sadness in his eyes pero bigla rin naman iyong nawala when Gerald laughed. "Thank you. The party is already starting. Come on."

Iginiya siya nito sa poolside. Since it's a pool party, ang mga naroon ay naka bikini and trunks. May mga naliligo na rin sa pool.

She's wearing white summer wear. She didn't bring any swimwear dahil wala naman siyang plano na maligo. Napansin ni Liza na maaga pa lang but most visitors are drinking, and most are getting drunk already.

"Liza!" nasisiyahan na tili ni Jessy nang makita siya.

She smiled awkwardly. Hindi pa rin siya sanay sa ipinapakitang kabaitan nito. "Oh, Hello Jessy. " she greeted her nang nasa harap niya na ito.

"You made it!" Jessy beamed.

"Yeah," she said.

"You're alone?"