Five Years Later

16th arrondissement, Paris

- pctto

-pctto

The place resounded with Liza's infectious laughter. All the love in the world could be seen in her eyes. There is a great deal of affection for the young boy who is smiling and laughing while holding a beautiful bouquet of roses. In anticipation, she watched him approach her. His eyes, usually a stormy gray, shone with dazzling clarity. And it always reminds her of home whenever she looks at it. As he rushed over to her, she knelt and welcomed him with wide arms. She then gave him a tight hug.

"Mommy, happy birthday!" He smiled as he handed her the flowers. Then he kissed her on the lips.

Awww. Her heart melted.

It's her twenty-third birthday today, and she'll be celebrating with her family and closest friends just like she has for the past four years.

She thanked him, "Thank you, my cub," then paused to smell the roses.

"You like it?" he asked. It was charming to hear him say, "I picked it myself with Nanny's help in our garden."

She gave her son a surprisingly amused grin. "You did it for me, cub?"

With a pout on his face, he nodded. "All I want is for mom to be happy."

She wrinkled her nose and grinned at him. "Of course," she says. "Anything that comes from my lionet baby cub," she tenderly murmured.

Zion gave a kind, eye-to-eye grin. "Really?"

Liza gave a slight nod. "Ahuh." She exhaled a sigh. Zion, her son, was the only good thing that happened to her following that dreadful accident. She had lost her memory, but she had gained Zion. Her little lion, her sunshine, her miracle, and the reason she has remained strong and optimistic all these years. She has a lot of questions, but they don't matter anymore. Allow the past to die and be buried. She will triumph for her son. His presence is a blessing.