Flash Backs

- pctto

- pctto

"You know what, Liza? You're nothing but an irresponsible, rebellious brat! You play with people with your tiny little hands!"

"Harry, please listen---"

"No! You listen!" he said, trying to calm his outraged heart. "I am Harry Fortaleza, and no damn fucking woman has ever messed up with me!"

She got too close, and he gave her the cold shoulder. "Harry..."

"Stay away from me! I'm warning you!" He shot her a sneering glance before returning to his sleek black Ferrari.

Liza's voice trembled with despair. "Harry, I love you!"

"I told you I love you, Harry!" she pleaded through her tears.

Harry turned to face her with a blank expression. "The show's over, doll. Go find someone else to fuck," he said coldly before getting into his car. Pagkatapos ay ipinatakbo niya ang kotse palayo roon.

Nanlulumo na napaupo sa sahig si Liza at napahagulhul. There was no mistaking it for Liza; she and Harry were no more.

Liza is having a bad dream. She was sure that it was some of the memories from the past.

Isang matunog na sampal ang natanggap ni Liza mula sa kanyang ama. Nasa mansion na sila noon and she was trying to explain to her parents.

"You're a disgrace to this family!" Ronwel's roar reverberated through the living room, shaking the room with his fury.

"Oh God, Ronwel, stop!" Karen's voice was desperate as she tried to intervene. She then turned to Liza with an edge of anger. "Go to your room, Elizabeth!" she commanded sharply.

Liza stood there, paralyzed with shock and anguish, her eyes darting between her enraged parents. Had her father actually slapped her?

"Now!" Karen's voice cut through the air like a knife when Liza remained motionless.

"Get out of my sight, Elizabeth!" Ronwel's thunderous shout echoed, filled with bitter rage.

Crushed by the weight of their anger, she stumbled upstairs and locked herself in her room, her heart aching with a deep, pervasive sadness.

She tried to pull herself out of her dream but was unable to. Tila ang bigat-bigat ng talukap ng kanyang mga mata. There was so much pain that she couldn't even catch her breath. The tears threatened to well up in her eyes. It's as if she has no control over her body, even if she needs to scream.

"Harry..." She was sobbing uncontrollably, her tears soaking into his back as she clung to him with desperate strength. Her voice was choked with pain. "I love you, Harry—please, you have to believe me..." Her distress was palpable, and her heart-wrenching pleas made the moment unbearably sorrowful.

He spun around to face her, gripping her arms tightly and shaking her roughly. "I don't love you!" he shouted angrily. "And I will never love you! Got it?!"

Oh, God!

She felt an overwhelming want to grip her chest in pain. Her heart must have felt like it was being torn in two.

Ang sakit-sakit! Napa-ungol siya sa kanyang tulog. Habol ang hininga na na pabiling-biling siya kanyang unan. Naramdaman niyang may humawak sa magkabila niyang balikat at yumugyog sa kanya, paulit-ulit na tinatawag ang kanyang pangalan.

"Liza!" A concerned voice urged, "Wake up."

She heard the screaming of the passengers' habang nag pa-panic ang mga ito dahil unti-unting lumulubog na ang barko na kanilang sinasakyan. Liza was petrified. Her entire body shook. She had no idea what to do.

Is she going to die?

"H-Harryyy..." tila wala sa sariling naibulalas niya at napabunghalit sa iyak. "Mommy! Daddy!" hiyaw niya. She feels so helpless and hopeless.

"Wake up, sweetheart, you are dreaming!"

It was Harry's voice!

This time ay nagawa na ni Liza na imulat ang mga mata. Pabalikwas siyang bumangon. She looked like she had just finished running a marathon and was panting so hard. Her expression of shock and horror was tinged with fear and pain. "Oh, God!" napabunghalit siya ng iyak.

Habol din ni Harry ang hininga. Binalot siya ng labis na takot at pag-aalala. "H-Hey... My love..." Hindi niya alam kung paano patitigilin sa pag-iyak si Liza. "Sweetheart, it was all a dream. Please, hush now..."aniya at napalunok ng ilang beses. Ayaw na ayaw niya itong nakikitang umiiyak. Nasasaktan siya.

Nasapo ni Liza ang dibdib. Pakiramdam niya ay sasabog iyon sa sobrang sakit. "Ang... A-ng sakit-sakit H-Harry..." Her face grew scarlet as she sobbed.

Harry immediately gathered her up in his arms. Whispering, "Sshhhh... It's okay, my love, it's okay..." he softly stroked her back.

Liza sobbed and hiccupped, "I-I think my d-dreamed is from the past..." In a choked-up voice, she said, "Why, Harry, are you so angry with me? Si Dad... He slapped me...Mommy yelled at me..." There was a look of confusion on her face, and her eyes seemed to demand clarification.

Natigilan si Harry. Napatingin siya sa luhaang mukha ni Liza.

Liza went on. "I-I was trying to explain something to you, and you weren't listening, and I said... I said..." Napalunok si Liza. "I told you that I love you, and you told me that you don't and never will," aniya at napabunghalit ng iyak. "Ang sakit-sakit Harrryyy...."

Harry flinched at the sound of her piercing wail. Her expression of pain is authentic. This is probably how she felt when he said those hateful words before. Nakaramdam ng labis na pagsisisi si Harry. The guilt he is feeling is overwhelming. "M-my love..."

Napailing-iling si Liza. "H-Harry, please enlighten me... Did that happen to me? Ang panaginip ko... Nangyari ba talaga 'yon dati?"

Damn. He knows Liza will be furious with him, but he doesn't want to lie. Before sadly nodding, he let out a long, heavy sigh and swallowed twice. In a nearly whisper-like voice, he said, "Y-yeah... I'm sorry..."

The sobs she let out caused her shoulder to shake. "What have I done to deserve this much hate? Why you... why you..." Not knowing what else to say, she stuttered, "Why—oh, God!" at napabunghalit ng iyak habang sapo ng dalawang palad any luhaang mukha.

Fuck. Walang may naisagot si Harry. Nais niya itong yakapin ngunit iniwas ni Liza ang katawan at lumayo sa kanya, sumiksik sa kabilang sulok ng kama. Damn it. Ngayon niya lang napagtanto kung gaano niya nasaktan si Liza. Her cries sounded like she was in a lot of pain. Like a wounded animal. Napakasakit pakinggan. Napabuga si Harry ng hangin. Naninikip ang dibdib niya. He was hurting too.

"Ikukuha kita ng tubig..." pagkuway wika niya at mabigat ang mga hakbang na saglit na iniwan si Liza sa kwarto.

********

Pagkaraan ng ilang sandali ay tumahan na si Liza. Ngunit namaga ang mukha dahil sa labis na pag-iyak. She had been staring out the crystal window for some time now.

"Go back to sleep, malalim pa ang gabi..." He spoke gently and reached out to touch her elbow, but she flinched. Napatagis bagang siya. "I'm not going to hurt you, Liza. Please... No need to flinch—"

"Good night," she responded coldly at humiga patalikod sa kanyang direksyon.

He sighed. "L-Liza—"

"Please, Harry. I'm tired..."

Napakuyom palad siya at mariing napapikit. "Alright." tanging naging sagot ni Harry at humiga na rin ng kama. "Good night, my love..." he whispered. Ipinikit ang mga mata at pinilit ang sarili na makatulog.