The One With The Promise

JK's POV

"Kook."

I glanced and saw her.

"Hi

"Hi." I answered.

She went beside me and asked.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

I looked at her and memorized everything about her. We broke up months ago, but ever since, I got stuck where I am, hoping she would come back to me, even though I know she never will.

Whenever I see her with Taehyung, I can't help but be jealous. Because even before, they looked like a couple. And I realized, they were perfect for each other.

She didn't seem to be that happy with me as much as she is with Taehyung.

Our ship has sailed, and I have to accept that. So now, it's time for me to let go and go on.

RM hyung is right. It doesn't matter who's the reason behind her smiles. The fact that I know she's happy is enough.

So she deserves the truth. I want them both to be happy.

"Taehyung is sick. You have to see him, Jisoo."

Her eyes widened and gasped. She was taken aback by my news.

"W-what? A-are you sure? But how?"

"I'll tell you everything I know in the car. He'll explain the rest."

We rushed to my car and the whole ride, she was shivering because she was worried about him. When we got down the car, I told her:

"Jisoo, he wants to hold on. Believe me. Don't let him go."

She smiled and hugged me.

"Thank you, Kook."

I tapped her back before we released our hug.

"Go ahead. He's waiting for you."

She started walking away when I called her name again and she glanced back at me.

"Be happy."