Vol. 1 Ch. 4 Teams

Yang's POV

"It's like a big slumber party!" I said as I plopped down onto my sleeping bag. Ruby responded, "I don't think dad would approve of all the boys, though. Well, except for Y/N." I replied as I winked at her, "I know that I do." We both heard our brother say, "Yang, leave Ruby alone." Technically, Y/N and I are cousins, but we spent so much time together growing up that we consider ourselves step-siblings. Ruby and I both turned and saw Y/N lay down his sleeping bag next to mine. He was shirtless and wearing black shorts. I looked at him and smirked teasingly as I said, "So brother, when did you get so hot?" He rolled his eyes and said, "Yang, I've been like this for the last few years. And as much as I love you, sis, I'm not going to do it with my sister. Especially since you're really my cousin and I'm not going to contribute to that messed up cliché." I rolled my eyes and said, "You're no fun. Besides, I was just kidding around. I'd never do it with you. You're my brother." Ruby looked at us confused and said, "What are you two talking about? I'm so confused." Y/N smiled and said, "Don't worry about it, Rubes. We'll tell you when you're older." Then I said, "So Y/N, did you finally discover your semblance when you were out doing missions with Uncle Qrow?" He rolled his eyes and said, "I discovered it about a week after I left with Dad. My semblance is just like Mom's and Ruby's semblance, except mine has blue feathers instead of red petals." I nodded and Ruby said, "That's awesome! My big brother has practically the same semblance as me!" He smiled and said, "Well, I'm going to go to sleep now. Night, you two." Then he laid down and went to sleep.

The Next Morning

Your POV

I woke up and yawned. I saw that my sisters were still asleep, but I noticed that some people were starting to get up. I got out of my bag, rolled it up, and headed towards the locker room to change into my normal combat gear. I headed down to the cafeteria for breakfast. As I ate, Pyrrha sat down across from me and I said, "Good morning, Pyrrha." She replied, "Good morning, Y/N." After we finished eating, we both headed to the locker room. I found my locker, put in my pass code, and opened it, revealing my sniper rifle, Cosmos. I grabbed it and put it in the sheath on my back. I closed my locker and walked back over to Pyrrha. As she readied herself at her locker, I noticed Weiss was talking with her. She looked at Pyrrha and said, "So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself!" She replied, "Hmm... I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may." Weiss said, "Well... I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together." Pyrrha replied, "Well, that sounds grand!" Weiss responded, "Great!" I rolled my eyes and said, "Well, I think that we'd be great on a team together as well, Pyrrha." Weiss looked at me irritated and said, "Ugh, you again. And why would you think that someone like you could be on a team with someone like Pyrrha here, who is a 4-Time Mistral Region Tournament Champion?" I rolled my eyes as I scoffed lightly and said, "Maybe because I'm one of the many people who fought her, specifically in the final two of her second Mistral Region Tournament. And how about you stop judging people from how they appear, people can surprise you, Ice Queen."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Neo dumping a bucket of water on Chibi Neptune)

Ozpin was announcing team and said, "Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR." Amid the clapping, Nora laughed and gave Ren a hug. Then Ozpin added, "Led by... Jaune Arc!" Jaune looked confused and said, "Huh? L-Led by...?" Ozpin responded, "Congratulations, young man." A grinning Pyrrha offers a friendly shoulder bump to Jaune, but her "fine leader" is knocked over and falls to his butt in front of the laughing audience. After team JNPR left the stage, Ozpin continued, "Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose!" Weiss looks to her right surprised, where Ruby is obviously in shock as Yang goes over to hug her sister and said, "I'm so proud of you!" Then Ozpin continued, "And finally, may Y/N Branwen come up to the stage. I went up and Ozpin said, "Normally, someone who doesn't have a partner, like Mr. Branwen here, would be expelled. But due to there being an odd number of new students this year, along with Mr. Branwen's strong determination and willingness to help others succeed instead of himself, I'll make an exception. From this day forth, you will be Beacon's first one man team. You'll join and assist other teams on missions." Then he said to me, "I hope you understand that you'll be given your own dorm and you won't be able to fight in Vytal Festival Tournament. I hope you understand that." I nodded before I walked down the stage and sat next to my sisters.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.