Vol. 3 Ch. 23 Fairy Tales

Your POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N sharpening Cosmos' blade)

After Pyrrha and I had reached Ozpin's office, we each sat down in a chair and Ozpin said, "Well, it comes as no surprise that they've chosen you to move on to the final round of the tournament. Your performance was exemplary." She replied humbly, "Thank you, Professor Ozpin, but I would never have made it this far without my teammates." From the back of the room, I heard a very familiar voice say, "Personally, I think it's the other way around." Pyrrha and I turned around, saw my dad, and I said, "Dad?" Ozpin spoke up and said, "Qrow is a trusted colleague of mine." Pyrrha nodded slowly and said, "We've met. Since he's Y/N dad." Pyrrha looked at my dad for another moment before addressing her teacher again, saying, "Professor, if you don't mind me asking, why have you called Y/N and I here?" Still smiling, Ozpin put his fingers up to his lips, leaning back casually, and asked, "What is your favorite fairy tale?" Hearing that specific question, it immediately gave me a clue as to why he had called us. But my girlfriend, who was still confused, said, "I'm... sorry?" Ozpin said, "Fairy tales, stories from your childhood. Surely you must remember some of them." Put off by the question, Pyrrha answered with nostalgia, saying, "Well, there's The Tale of The Two Brothers, The Shallow Sea, The Girl in the Tower..." Leaning back forward, Ozpin asked, "What about The Story of the Seasons?" Pyrrha replied, "Well, of course! Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall; the four maidens. My mother loves that story."

Ozpin said, "Would you believe me if I told you that one's been around since I was a boy?" Laughing, my girlfriend said, "You're not that old, Professor." Turning from playful to deadly serious in a millisecond, Ozpin said, "Well, would you believe me if I told you it was true?" Pyrrha was silent for a moment, then gave an uneasy chuckle, and said, "I beg your pardon?" Ozpin said, "What if I were to tell you that there were four maidens existing in this world, that could wield such tremendous power, without Dust?" Trying to make sense of this development, Pyrrha asked, "You mean... like a Semblance?" Giving a small smile as he delivered his secret, Ozpin said, "Like Magic." Pyrrha looked down and said, "I..." Dad spoke up and said, "Yeah. First time hearing it's pretty crazy."  She turned her gaze from Qrow back to Ozpin again, amazed, and said, "You're serious?" I finally spoke up and said, "Yep, he's serious." She looked at me and said, "Huh?" I smiled warmly as I placed a hand on her shoulder and said, "When my dad first told me, I thought he was just making up stuff since he was drunk that night. But I later found out that he wasn't joking at all." She turned back to Ozpin and he said, "Does it look like I'm joking?" Pyrrha replied, "No." She struggled for the right words, and said, "Why... why are you telling me this?" Ozpin glanced at my dad, to which he nodded in approval, before Ozpin looked into Pyrrha's eyes and said, "We are telling you this, Pyrrha Nikos, because we believe that you are next in line to receive the Fall Maiden's powers." Both of our eyes grew wider and wider until Pyrrha realized and said, "'We'?" At that moment, the elevator doors opened, and we saw Glynda and Ironwood step out. As he straightened his tie and Glynda fixed her glasses, Ironwood said, "Sorry we're late." Overwhelmed, Pyrrha grabbed my hand for some kind of comfort as she narrowed her eyes at Ozpin and said, "Wait, what is this? Who are you?" Coming forward with Ironwood and Qrow, spreading her hands and trying to sound reassuring, Glynda said, "You know who we are. We're still the same teachers and Headmasters you met when you arrived at Beacon." Then my dad added "'Cept we've got a little part-time job." Ironwood continued, "We are the protectors of this world." Then Ozpin said, "And we need your help." Pyrrha turned to me and I said, "I don't know what they mean by that, Pyrrha. My dad only told me that the Maidens were real when I was with him on missions during those 2 years. I don't know much more than what he told me." She was shocked into silence as everyone in the room looked to her. She looked at me for reassurance and some comfort, and held my hand a little bit closer as we all got onto the elevator.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.