Vol. 3 Ch. 26 Beacon's Final Battle

3rd Person POV

In the Beacon vault, an elevator opens up to reveal Ozpin, Jaune, Pyrrha, and Y/N. The four immediately sprinted out of the elevator and down the corridor. Jaune asked, "What is this place?" Pyrrha answered, "It's... a type of vault." Jaune replied, "You've... been here before?" Pyrrha and Y/N looked away from him as Y/N said, "We both have." Jaune responded, "What would this school need to... hide?" Finally seeing the Aura transfer machine, Jaune stopped in his tracks, gazing wide-eyed at the strange contraption and the comatose girl inside. Confused, Jaune said, "What? Who?" Ozpin said, "Pyrrha! Get to the pods!" Pyrrha looked at Jaune and Y/N, then ran to the second pod. Ozpin turned to the two boys and said, "Mister Arc and Mister Branwen, if you two would like to help, you can both stand guard here." Jaune looked at the other three with uncertainty, then turned around and got into a guarding stance alongside Y/N. Pyrrha turned to Ozpin and asked, "What do we do now?" As he typed on the machine's hologram keyboard, he replied, "We, do nothing." The second pod opened, and Ozpin turned his head to look at Pyrrha and said, "You, Miss Nikos... have a choice to make." Pyrrha looked at the pod, then at Jaune, hesitating. Her expression changed from uncertainty to sadness, and she wiped a tear from her eye, as she looked at her boyfriend, Y/N. She then climbed into the pod, which closed, and Ozpin said, "Are you ready?"

Pyrrha looked at him and gave a slow nod, to which Ozpin responded, "I... I need to hear you say it." She replied, "Yes." She laid her head back, staring ahead, as Ozpin said, "Thank you, Miss Nikos." Ozpin pressed a few more buttons on the screen, and Amber's pod raised up. Amber began glowing orange, and her eyelids began fluttering. The orange glow traveled along the pipes connecting the two pods - first up to the ceiling, then down to Pyrrha's pod. An orange glow surrounded Pyrrha, who began screaming out in agony. Jaune and Y/N turned around, surprised and the Branwen shouted, "Pyrrha!" The two boys ran over to Pyrrha's pod, moving their gaze back and forth between Pyrrha and Amber's pod. While Jaune panicked, trying to understand what's going on, Ozpin looked away and said, "I'm... so sorry."

Suddenly, an arrow pierced the glass of Amber's pod, striking her in the chest. Amber gasped, and her eyes opened, then began to close again, while the machine began beeping an alarm. Ozpin, Jaune, and Y/N turned around to see a woman in a slightly familiar red dress, a woman who Y/N now recognized as Cinder. She was standing halfway down the corridor from them, with an obsidian bow in her hand. She lowered the bow, a tiny smirk creeping across her face. Pyrrha frantically beat her fists against the glass of her pod. The orange glow left Pyrrha and traveled back through the pipes into Amber. The glow then burst out of Amber, shattering the glass in its way, and entered Cinder. The murderer glowed, began floating, and gained long trails of flame around her eyes, with orange energy swirling around her. Pyrrha beat even harder on the glass, her stress increasing. Jaune and Y/N raised their swords and charged towards Cinder, hearing Ozpin shout, "Stay back!" Cinder summoned two large fireballs, casting one towards Jaune, who blocked it with his shield and was blasted backwards, landing on his back. She cast the other at Y/N, who used his Semblance to burst into feathers to dodge the shot. Finally, Pyrrha used her Semblance to rip the pod's door off its hinges, throwing it at Cinder, who knocked it away like it's nothing. As Cinder began to descend to the floor, Pyrrha leapt out of the pod and charged, calling her weapon and shield to her with her Semblance as she and Y/N went towards Cinder. However, Ozpin put his arm out, stopping them, and said, "Take Jaune and get out of here! Find Glynda! Ironwood! Qrow! Bring them here right away! The tower cannot fall!" Pyrrha said, "But we can help." Ozpin slowly turned his head to stare at Pyrrha and Y/N in the eyes as he said, "You'll only get in the way." They hesitated for a moment but obeyed Ozpin, as Y/N scooped up Jaune, held him over his shoulder, and they both began running away. While they did so, Cinder descended to the floor and watched them leave, with the glow, the swirling energy, and the flames around her eyes all disappearing. Cinder turned her attention back to Ozpin, her eyes still glowing for a moment.

Your POV

As Jaune, Pyrrha, and I ran out of the front door, the muffled sounds of Ozpin and Cinder's fight could be heard. Jaune spoke up and said, "Okay, I think I have Glynda's number." Pyrrha and I turned and stared silently at Beacon Tower. Jaune's voice soon broke our concentration, as he said, "Y/N? Pyrrha? What was all of that?" Pyrrha turned to look at Jaune and started to say, "I..." The conversation was interrupted by an explosion, followed by Cinder using fire to fly up through the elevator shaft. The three of us stared at the tower in surprise and Jaune said, "But... Ozpin..." Pyrrha replied, "There's no time." She shook her head, then looked at Jaune and I, quickly adopting a determined tone as she said, "Go. Get to Vale and call for help." Jaune said, "Huh? What are you gonna do?" Pyrrha slowly turned her head to stare up at the top of Beacon Tower. Following her gaze, we both realized what she planned to do. I immediately said, "No... no, Pyrrha, you can't. You saw how powerful she is! Pyrrha, I won't let you do this. I love you too much. Please don't d─" Suddenly, Pyrrha grabbed my head in both hands and silenced me with a long kiss on the lips. She pulled away, ending the kiss, and stared into my eyes, one hand on my cheek and the other on my chest, and said sadly, "I'm sorry." She used her Semblance on a nearby street pole and wrapped it around me so I couldn't move. I felt a few tears run down my cheek as I protested, "Pyrrha, please don't do this!" She then used her Semblance on Jaune's armor, pushing him directly into a nearby locker, which slammed shut from the impact. While Jaune pleaded, Pyrrha walked over to the locker and began typing coordinates into it. She looked him in the eyes one last time, before stepping back and watching the locker fly away. Once it vanished into the distance, she gave me one last look and said, "I love you so much." Then she clenched her fists and, once again, adopted a determined demeanor as she walked toward the tower.

After a few moments, I managed to get myself free from the street pole and started fighting off the few Beowolves that were charging at me. After I killed them, I used my semblance to zoom to the top of Beacon Tower. When I got up there, I looked around and realized that this was very similar to the dream I had a couple months back. I turned to see Pyrrha fighting Cinder. Cinder formed an obsidian bow in her hand. As she raised it up and drew back an obsidian arrow, Pyrrha charged forward, spun, and threw her shield at her. Cinder shot the arrow, which shattered upon impact with the side of the shield. However, as the fragments parted ways above and below the shield, they glowed orange and rejoined each other on the other side. The fragments melted into each other and cool into the shape of an arrow, which continued on its path directly into Pyrrha's ankle. Pyrrha collapsed in pain. She attempted to pull herself to her feet, but the pain was too much. Both ends of the arrow break off, making removal impossible.

I realized that the dream I had was really a vision of this happening. But I knew one thing was for sure, I was going to change the outcome. Pyrrha turned over onto her hands and knees as the villainous woman moved to stand in front of her and Pyrrha said, "Do you believe in destiny?" Cinder replied, "Yes." Cinder resummoned her bow with another arrow, aiming at Pyrrha. Pyrrha, who was now weakened, was sitting with her eyes closed, accepting the fate that awaited her. But as Cinder released the arrow, I used my semblance to zoom into the path of the arrow. It hit me in the shoulder as I landed on the ground, holding Cosmos. I aimed it at Cinder and fired an Aura-shattering round. She collapsed onto the ground as her Aura shattered. I stood up and I walked over to Cinder, transforming Cosmos in its sword configuration. I stood over Cinder and said, "Well. I think destiny is overrated. You've hurt me, my friends, but most importantly, my girlfriend." Cinder smirked and stabbed me in the leg with a shard of glass, causing me fall down as my Aura shattered. As Cinder threw another shard of glass at me, which stabbed me in the abdomen. I groaned in pain and took another attempt to keep fighting back as I stood back up despite my wounds. I got into a fighting stance and said, "I can do this all day."

Cinder summoned 2 obsidian swords and our weapons clashed as I fought back. Eventually, she found an opening and stabbed me in the abdomen again, stabbing me through the already existing wound when she did. I cried out in pain as I fell to my knees, feeling the blade go deep into my abdomen. In one final attempt to fight back, I grabbed a shard of glass next to me and threw it at her face, stabbing her in the eye. She cried out and brought her swords back to cut my head off. But before she could swing them towards my neck, everything went white and I lost consciousness.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.