Vol. 1 Ch. 6 Jaunedice

Your POV

I was in the cafeteria with Team RWBY and Team JNPR. Blake was lost in her book, while the rest of us were listening to Nora's story, which Ren kept correcting. Looking at her leader, Pyrrha said, "Jaune? Are you okay?" Snapping out of it, turning back towards us, he replied, "Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?" Ruby said, "It's just that you seem a little... not okay..." As the others stopped their distractions and stared at him, Jaune replied, "Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look!" He held up a thumb while laughing nervously until his attention was focused on the members of Team CRDL, standing around a girl with brown rabbit ears jutting from her hair as Cardin laughed at her and Sky held up his hands to his head in a mock interpretation of her unusual features. Then I said, "Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school!" Jaune replied, "Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah... He just likes to mess around! You know, practical jokes!" Ruby said, "He's a bully." Jaune scoffed and said, "Oh, please! Name one time he's 'bullied' me." After we named off three different times, Jaune attempted to laugh it off and said, "I didn't land far from the school!" Pyrrha replied, "Jaune, you know if you ever need help, you can just ask." Nora got up from the table, presented her diabolical plan with a not-entirely-sane grin, and said, "Ooooh! We'll break his legs!" Jaune said, "Guys, really, it's fine! Besides, it's not like he's only a jerk to me; he's a jerk to everyone." We all looked over as the laughing grew louder, mixed in with cries of pain from the rabbit girl when one of her ears are tugged on by Cardin. The girl cried out, "Ow! That hurts! Please stop..." Cardin finally relents, and the girl stood up and hurried off, her head bowed and hiding her face. Pyrrha spoke up and said, "Atrocious. I can't stand people like him." I replied, "Tell me about it."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Qrow teaching Chibi Y/N how to pick up women)

I was in Professor Oobleck's class. Oobleck said, "Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution ─more popularly known as the Faunus War─" He zoomed up to the front of the class and continued, "─humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie." He pointed at the map of said-area with his stick, then zoomed off to the side for a sip of his coffee before appearing in front of the desk and saying, "Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!" Still zooming around the class, Oobleck takes one more sip of his coffee before continue his lecture, saying, "Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?" For a moment, it seemed that no one would raise their hands for the fear of having to deal with Cardin and his team again. Slowly, other students started to raise their hands, even the Rabbit Faunus girl that was sitting in front of me. Oobleck said, "Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!" He took another sip of his coffee and continued, "I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?" I saw a hand get raised, to which Oobleck said, "Yes?" Weiss answered, "The battle at Fort Castle!" Oobleck replied, "Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?" Unseen by the professor, I saw Cardin Winchester flick a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up and say, "Hey!"

Oobleck zoomed over into Jaune's face amd said, "Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?" Jaune said, "Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus..." He looked behind Oobleck's focused face at Pyrrha, who coughs and motions to her lips as she gives him the answer. "...had over that guy's stuff..." Jaune saw Pyrrha cup her hands around her eyes, went for the most obvious answer, and said, "Uhh... Binoculars!" While Jaune looked pleased with his answer, the class laughed at him and Oobleck, who was back at the front of the class, sipped his coffee. Pyrrha sighed and slapped a hand to her forehead as Cardin pounded his fist on his desk while chortling. Oobleck zoomed back behind his desk and said, "Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!" Cardin replied, "Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier." As Oobleck shook his head, I said, "You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?" Cardin replied, "What? You got a problem?" Pyrrha answered, "No, I have the answer! It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark." Cardin growled at the correct response and Blake said, "General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured." She turned to Cardin and said, "Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure." As Cardin gets up from his seat, fist clenched, Oobleck said, "Mr. Winchester! Please take your seat." As Jaune laughed at his Cardin's embarrassment, Oobleck zoomed up to him and said, "You and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings." Oobleck took yet another sip of his coffee, as Jaune groaned.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.