Vol. 1 Ch. 8 Need To Talk

Your POV

Ever since that night when Pyrrha kissed me, I had noticed that she seemed to be avoiding me and Jaune, but for two totally different reasons. I eventually just accepted that the kiss was an accident and she didn't have any feelings for me. As a result, I had unknowingly become more distant from the others. One day after my classes had finished for the day, I was just staying in my room so I wouldn't have see Pyrrha, when I heard a knock on my door. I sighed as I got up and answered it. I opened the door to reveal Yang standing there. She looked at me and said, "We need to talk." I sighed again and let her into the room. I closed the door behind her and said, "What is it, Yang?" She gave me a serious look and said, "What's wrong with you? Ever since the other night, you and Pyrrha have been acting off." I sat down on my bed and said, "I've developed some feelings for her. And that night, she kissed me. But before I was able kiss her back, she ran off. She's been avoiding me since. I guess that it was just an accident and she doesn't feel the same way about me. I mean Jaune had just yelled at us and told us to leave him alone, so the kiss could've been caused because Pyrrha got caught up in the moment." I sighed once more and looked down. I felt Yang place her hand on my shoulder. She then said, "Well. This explains a lot. But you and Pyrrha are going to have to talk about this eventually." I nodded and said, "I know. I'm just not sure if I'll be able to take the rejection from her." Yang smiled warmly and said, "Hey, if you ever need us, Ruby and I will be right here for you." I hugged my sister and said, "Thanks, Yang." She hugged me back and said, "No problem, Y/N." Yang left me alone with my thoughts. I took a deep breath and pulled out my Scroll.

I smiled to myself and put my Scroll back in my pocket

3rd Person POV

Later that night, on top of the dorm building, a uniformed Jaune stands on the edge and looks into the distance at the green lights of Beacon. Behind him, Pyrrha called out and said, "No Cardin tonight?" She walked to his side and added, "I thought you two were best buds?" Turning to her, Jaune said, "Pyrrha... I'm sorry. I was a jerk! You and Y/N were only trying to be nice, and... I had all this stupid macho stuff in my head─" Pyrrha cut him off and said, "Jaune! It's okay!" As they smiled at one another, she added, "Your team really misses their leader, you know." She began to walk to the exit as she finished, "You should come down! Ren made pancakes! No syrup, though - you can thank Nora for that!" Jaune smiled, but held out his hand and called out, "Wait!" Pyrrha turned around, and Jaune looked sheepish as he said, "I know I don't deserve it after all that happened, but... would you still be willing to help me... to help me become a better fighter?" Pyrrha turned around so a worried Jaune wouldn't see her satisfied smile. She went up to Jaune and suddenly pushed her leader to the ground. Whining, Jaune said, "Hey!" Standing over him with her arms on her hips and an evaluating tone, Pyrrha said, "Your stance is all wrong. You need to be wider and lower to the ground." She offered him her hand, which he graciously accepted, and they continued to hold on to and grin at each other. Then Pyrrha said, "Let's try that again." After a few more tries, Pyrrha said, "I think that's enough for tonight. Besides there's someone I need to talk with. A talk that I've been kinda avoiding." Jaune spoke up and said, "Is it Y/N?" Pyrrha nodded and said, "Yes, but it's complicated. I'll see you later." Pyrrha then headed towards the courtyard to meet up with Y/N.

Your POV

I checked the time and sighed. Maybe she isn't going to show up after all, I thought to myself. I turned to start heading back to my dorm but stopped when I heard Pyrrha's voice say, "Y/N?" I sighed and turned around to face her. I stood in front of her and said, "Pyrrha. I asked you here because we needed to talk. The other night, when you kissed me, I need to know, did it mean anything?" She looked at me slightly embarrassed and said, "What do you mean?" I took a deep breath and said, "Since we met each other again at the beginning of the school year, I've slowly developed feelings for you. So when you kissed me, I thought that it meant that you felt the same way about me. But when you ran of like that and kept avoiding me, I started thinking that maybe it was just in the moment. So I need to know, did the kiss mean something or not?" She looked at me and stood there in shock. After about a minute, I took her silence as a no. I looked down and said, "I guess it didn't. I'm sorry for putting you in this position, Pyrrha. I know that you're a great person." I turned to walk away, but I was stopped and spun around. Pyrrha grabbed my cheeks with her hands and kissed me on the lips deeply. I was in shock briefly, but this time I was able to kiss her back. I wrapped my arms around her waist as I kissed her back. When we pulled away from the kiss, I said, "Pyrr, does this mean that you feel the same way about me?" She smiled and said, "I thought I had ruined our friendship when I kissed you that's why I was avoiding you. I didn't think that you might feel the same way about me. I love you, Y/N." I looked into her breathtaking vivid green eyes and said, "I love you too, Pyrr." We kissed one more time and I said, "So does this mean that we're dating now?" She chuckled lightly and said, "Of course it does." I smiled and said, "Perfect."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.