(Let Me Go) Will Not Let You Go

"Who is down there?" The sun warrior said as we arrived at the scene of the crime.

"I told you, it's my boyfriend and my friend!" I said impatiently. "How are you gonna get them out?" I added.

It was easier said than done, that's for sure. By the time Zuko and Aang got out, they were covered in goo, and only strange looking animals could clean the goo off.

"For trying to take our Sun Stone, you must be severely punished!" The warrior scolded us.

I glanced over at Zuko nonchalantly. Clearly he didn't know I stole the sun stone egg thingy. "We didn't come here to take your Sun Stone. We came here to find the ancient origin of all firebending." I explained.

"You aren't even a firebender." The sun wardior retorted to me.

I tilted my head. "Excuse me?"

"I can read your energy. You aren't a real firebender." He answered.

I held a flame in my palm. "Maybe recheck then."

He gasped in surprise. "Witch!"

I widened my eyes. "I'm not a witch!"

"Then how are you firebending? I know you aren't a real one. We sun warriors can feel when someone is." He shot back.

I glanced at Zuko for some backup. "Well I can assure you I'm not a witch, so no need to burn me at the stake."

"Yeah, she's clearly not a witch." Zuko replied.

"She sure looks like one." The sun warrior replied.

"Okay, that was just rude." Zuko replied as I rolled my eyes.

I knew why they were saying I didn't seem like a firebender. Because I wasn't born as one. My father made me one. But I wasn't about to just confess that.

"They are obviously thieves, here to steal Sun Warrior treasures." One of the other warriors said.

"Please, I don't normally play this card, but... I'm the Avatar." Aang said, placing a hand on his chest. "Just hear us out."

Zuko looked at them with uncertainty. "My name is Zuko, Crown Prince of the Fire Nation. Or at least, I
used to be. I know my people have distorted the ways of firebending, to be fueled by anger and rage. But now I want to learn the true way, the original way. When we came here, I never imagined the Sun Warrior civilization was secretly alive. I am truly humbled to be in your presence. Please, teach us."

Zuko and Aang bowed, and I followed their lead, although I didn't think they necessarily deserved my respect.

"If you wish to learn the ways of the Sun, you must learn them from the masters Ran and Shao."

"Ran and Shao? There are two of them?" Aang questioned.

"When you present yourselves to them, they will examine you. They'll read your hearts, your souls, and your ancestry. If they deem you worthy, they'll teach you. If they don't, you'll be destroyed on the spot." The warrior explained.

We walked to another building with a big fire in the center. I'm talking big.

"If you're going to see the masters, you must bring them a piece of the eternal flame. This fire is the very first one. It was given to Man by the dragons. We have kept it going for thousands of years." The warrior explained.

"I don't believe it." Zuko said, bewildered.

"You will each take a piece of it to the masters, to show your commitment to the sacred art of firebending. Except you." The warrior said, pointing to me.